Another EGR Blank question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tidy

Reaction score
Just a quick one guys so that i make sure that i blank off the right end, here is a photo of my egr pipe, is it #2 side that i blank off? Also at the #2 end, when i remove the pipe would it be safe to spray in EGR cleaner?

Thanks in advance... very new to 4X4's and Navara's so there's gonna be heaps more questions :ROFLMAO:

Ian

Attachments

• egr.jpg
    egr.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 24
Either end, actually. It doesn't matter which end of a pipe you block, gas or liquid won't flow through it.

Unlike in the D40, neither end of your EGR pipe is directly on the exhaust manifold and you don't have an EGR cooler which is a potential failure point on the D40.

Either end, actually. It doesn't matter which end of a pipe you block, gas or liquid won't flow through it.

Unlike in the D40, neither end of your EGR pipe is directly on the exhaust manifold and you don't have an EGR cooler which is a potential failure point on the D40.
The d22s have an Egr cooler , guessing this must be a zd30. I blanked off the turbo side on mine

I initially blanked off the #1 end on the daughter's d40 as it was easier to access. Currently apart replacing exhaust manifold gasket, so have added a blanking plate on the exhaust manifold to egr tube junction, as there had been a minor leak where the flexi tube met the water-cooled portion (along with bad #1 & #4 exhaust port leaks due to warped manifold). No chance of leakes now.

I took the pipe off to see if it has been blanked of in the past... It hasn't. Also interestingly you can only blank off the #2 side as the top (#1) has a smaller diameter tube that "slots" in.

Latest posts

Back