another tyre size question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john boy

Reaction score
i am getting a 2 inch lift i have 265/75/16 on could or would 285's fit without rubbing or would i have to cut away don't want body lift..

if 285 wont fit what size of tyre will fit to make same height as 285's.

very new to fourby driving first time on site

285's wont fit with just a 2" lift.
you could try 275/75/16 noticed some manufatures are starting to bring them to auz.
also try a search of the forum there are so extensive threads covering this subject, which model nav? D22? D40?

Welcome to the Forum
Have you thought about what will actually be legal as not all states play by the same rules.265/76/R16 is as tall as you can legally run in the ACT and have been warned that my tyres are actually illegal in NSW.
By the NCOP ( National Code of Practice) that the ACT runs by I am legally able to go 50mm taller than stock however have been told its only 15mm in NSW.
You might want to check on that if you worry bout such things

What do you plan on doing with the Nav and what look are you going for?

When you say 285, that is just the width of the tyer, nothing to do with the height. If you want to run a bigger tyer look at 255/85/16, they are a bit skinnier and you may not like that look, but will give you the height, BUT in most if not all states will be illegal.

thanks for welcome mate
what height difference is there from 265's than 275's i believe 265's are 31.8 inch.

is there a tyre same width size as 265 or 75 and can raise up to 33's.

want to do rock to an extent not mega just more challenging. not mud.
i go to places like mundaring powerlines, harvey, collie lancelin thats sand dunes great fun there. all these places are in WA, can see on you tube.

i want to get a lokka is this good.

i have a bullbar, ARB bash plates sump guard and diff. 2inch sus lift shortly, 2 way radio canopy,safari snorkle and spotties.

265/75/16 will be fine to do the majority of harder tracks around perth. you are better off spending your money on a locker than bigger tires

Cheers mate

what is a good brand of lokka to buy and which diff to put it on front or back.

Dont really need one on the back because the nissan lsd is good but if you have the cash go for it.

Have a look at this site for tyer sizes, http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

As for a locker it depends on what you want out of it, I run a 4wd systems Lokka, it is an auto locker so once the hubs are locked in and the car is in 4wd HI or Lo it will lock up the diff under power, to un lock it you just back off the power, it takes a little bit to get used to but works great and can be purchased for under $600. If you want more control over it then you need to look at an ARB air locker, these are activated by an in cab switch, they are great but come with a couple of down sides. 1- will have to fit the diff out of a V6 D22. 2- Cost, you will be looking at close to 3 times the price of an auto locker not including the price of the V6 diff.

1 thing you need to be careful with once you have a locker fitted is taking it easy in areas that have the potential to have traction eg: rocks as you will bust CV's like no ones business if it hooks up on one side when the diff is locked.

Don't think I am trying to turn you off getting a locker just keep in mind you will have to adjust your driving style off road depending on the type of locker you go with.

if not arb air lockers what else? can get brand called TJM lokka around 800 bucks
and brand called lokka 500bucks.

The lokka is what I have it is an auto locker not operated by air like the ARB and TJM lockers. There is less control with the Lokka but it is much cheaper. I am not sure about the TJM stuff but I didn't think they made one for the D22 but that may have changed.

thinks i'll go for the cheaper lokka., have to ask the missus first either that or tyres for christmas.

I have just brought the lokka but I always carry spare cvs and tierod ends etc I would recommend u carry these as they can be weak points in the d22 mate I go nearly everywhere my patrol mates do and I'm running 265s

Latest posts

Back