Aux battery in tub

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshp82

Reaction score
Hi all just a quick write up on the install of a ctek D250S dual. http://www.ctekbatterychargers.com.au/ctek-d250s-dual.html?gclid=CIzCmeiKub0CFcddpQod1y8AlQ
I chose this over a redarc isolater so I could get a full charge to my aux battery and also for the extra solar input. I also got it at a great price.
I used 6 gauge power cable from the passenger side battery through a 50amp fuse. (I hope its enough).
I ran the cable along the chassis zip tied at about 300mm intervals. I went all the way to the back of the tub and came up behind the passenger tail light. Once behind the tail light its a tight squeeze to get both cables into the tub with spilt tubing on. I ran a new earth strap from the ctek to the chassis. Then pos and neg to aux battery.
All thats left to do now is make a ply wood battery box and mount some switches for my leds and a couple of aux points for fridge and other stuff.
And buy a deep cycle battery
Will the fuse holder below be enough for the fridge or should I get something a bit more heavy duty. Battery shown is for display only....
uploadfromtaptalk1396142812436.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1396142879268.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396142976038.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396142993653.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396143086923.jpg

Last edited:
looks like its coming together nicely
I found I had to keep replacing fuse for my fridge(cheap fuses overheat easily)
I finally went with a 15 amp resettable thermal circuit breaker,$18 from supercheap
set and forget

Is an Anderson plug over kill for a fridge? I might change over from the merit style

Ive used anderson plug on my fridge. Used those coloured ones off ebay for the simple reason they wont rattle lose. Plus noone else can plug into your power

The better the cable you use, the better the power transfer. The better the plug, the more reliable. I've just installed a solar panel on the roof of our new van and used 8Ga cable in place of the (looks like) 12Ga - it was about 4mm2, I've replaced it with 21mm2. Put a pair of Anderson plugs in and it's done. I know it's way, way heavier than needed, but I want reliability and the least amount of voltage drop that is reasonably possible.

The fuse holder you show is massive overkill but still fine - as long as you can squeeze a 15A or 20A fuse into it. The thermal breaker is a great idea - use them myself - so if you want to make it simpler and easier go for that.

Made a box today. Not 100% happy with it but it will do for my trip away in a few weeks. Hopefully ill have the fuses and switches sorted in the next few days.uploadfromtaptalk1396339870803.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396339903596.jpg

Latest posts

Back