Battery Charger- Recs on where to buy?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryc

Reaction score
Time to bite the bullet and finally purchase a decent battery charger for my collection of deep discharge lead acid batteries.

Short story; Questions is where? I'm looking for recommendations on good businesses to support. Located in SW Sydney, but aussie mail order okay.

Long story, following Old.Tony's rec, I looked at the C-tek range and will target a Multi XS 7000 for my 70-125 AmpHr collection.

Went foot looking at Autobarn, Supercheap, BCF and Repco. Only Repco had C-tek and the 7000 was $331.

Internet searching turned up C-tek at batteriesdirect.com.au and balmainmotorcycles.com.au for around $230 each, so it looks like I'll place an order at balmainmotorcycles as I absolutely loath the voice animation crap on batteries direct.

Just thought I'd post a checker in case I've missed a business worthy of support. T.I.A.

I went into ARB in Adelaide last week looking at the C-tek range. i think i'll be going for a 4A one for $149. the guy i spoke to said many people buy new batteries when all they need is a decent charger / conditioner to properly charge their batteries. the C-tec certainly seem the way to go if you ask me.

prices for them from ARB are as follows.

CT80012 12v 800Ma - $89
CT360012 12v 3.6A - $149
CT700012 12v 7A - $295
CT1500012 12v 15A - $439
CT2500012 12v 25A - $589
CT400312 12V 4A - $149

Last edited:
I notice that Jaycar have replaced their "top of the range charger" (which I have in the tub of my Navara) with a unit that not only looks like a C-Tek charger, but it boasts "9 phase recharge" - more than the 8 steps by the C-Tek.

$20 says the Chinese are out to prove that they can build a bigger schlong. Now maybe this charger is better, but with the price tag it's wearing, I won't be finding out.

Just a note on the differences between the chargers in the C-Tek range - C-Tek's charger list shows the MXS-7000 as the most capable - it can be used as a 12V supply and not just a charger. The 4003 model would be the lowest I'd consider, because that RECONDition function is worth its weight in ... well, lead.

Personally I have no need to use the highest rating one - although if we move out into the boonies, I might tap that one onto the output of an AC wind turbine and let it go on some large-capacity deep cycle AGMs.

My SCA 12 amp cost me $89 and it just resurrected a 2 yr old 12v trailer battery reading 2 volts across the terminals which had been slowly draining for the past 3 months and it did it in less than 12 hours. For $89 it's better than the solar chargers we make ourselves (but only be cause we don't make conditioning chargers).

i have the c tek 7000 paid around 250 last year. Bond batteries in ballarat had them for 210 last week. So shop around .

Latest posts

Back