Battery, handbrake and oil lights stay on with engine off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDurden

Reaction score
Hi all, the battery, handbrake and oil lights are staying on after I turn off the car and remove the key. I found that the alternator is still connecting to the battery even with the car off with key removed. Has anyone come across this issue before or know what could be causing it? I have replaced the alternator, ignition switch and it has a brand new battery. It's a 2003 ZD30 D22. Cheers.

Thanks for the reply Tony, I solved it. The earth wire on the fuel filter water sensor was broken, so wasn't earthing. Fixed the wire and now it's all good 👍

Bloody hell, I am NOT going to be able to remember this one in 12 months' time when someone comes asking the same thing - it's just out there, man! That's left field stuff!

Thanks for the reply Tony, I solved it. The earth wire on the fuel filter water sensor was broken, so wasn't earthing. Fixed the wire and now it's all good 👍
i highly doubt that was the issue. more than likely you bumped a bad connection at some point.
having dash lights light up is common symptom of alternator fault. it may have been a loose plug, i have had them come loose before.

Latest posts

Back