Bluetooth Cable

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldie

Reaction score
Hi All,
I bought an aftermarket 2DIN head unit for my 2003 navara. the previous owner left a big hole in the dash fascia for me to fill LOL.
The new unit came with Bluetooth mic which uses a small headphone type jack but there was already a mic in the cab and the cable is still there and has the small jack plug.
Now the thing that gets me is, there is nowhere in the back of the unit to plug the mic cable in too but on the front of the unit there is and it's marked as "aux in".
I know nothing about 2Din head units so here's my first dumb question.
does the mic cable plug in to the "aux in" on the front of the unit as it doesn't seem logical.
the new unit also has GPS, TV & reverse camera (I won't be using the reverse camera).
Second dumb question: the radio aerial plug is already there but the universal adapter cable has another with a grey plug (see attached pic) which I can't see actually gets plugged in anywhere.
So what's the go with these units, hope ya's can help this old dinosaur haha

Attachments

• 20141026_151829.jpg
    20141026_151829.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 71
The grey plug you have with the Antenna plug can be ignored. No idea why it is like that.
Simply plug the connector from inside that hole in your dash into the back of the unit bottom left (drivers side when mounted) corner.
The microphone socket is a little unmarked hole. It will look like a screw hole with the screw missing. Often they hide it right next to the ISO socket, or the steering wheel connectors.

If your camera has a yellow RCA connector with a red tail, the yellow plug goes into the green RCA plug, and the red tail is connected to the brown wire that comes out of the ISO connector.

Hope this helps.

well bugger me. I feel like an old goose now but I guess thats what ya get when they don't include install instructions.
I found the bluetooth cable (circled in this pic) but it's not marked to tell ya what it is. it comes out the back with another cable and the case is stamped "TV" for the TV aerial, if I ever bother to rig that up.
thanks for the help anyway.
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 60
Back