Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyrathil

Reaction score
Hi All,

I bought a Nissan X-trail not long ago second-hand and the owner gave me his head unit from his d40 2014 Navara (I'm pretty sure it's that model, looking at pictures of the head unit). It fit in nicely and still looks stock(ish).

Anyway. I'm having trouble finding instructions to pair my Samsung Note II.

I've been looking on the web and no-one has any instructions on how to work it. presumably because it spells it out nicely in the instruction booklet (which I don't have and neither does the internet). I found the manual in these forums, but it is more for repairs than instructions.

So far I have tried pressing the "phone pick up button" and then holding down the button to get to "pair phone." Then I'm stuck, I have tried turning the car off, turning my phone off, pulling the battery out (of my phone), placing it back in, turn on bluetooth on my phone, make it veiwable by other devices, turn on my car and still nothing. I've tried pressing some buttons (I thought maybe one was a "yes I want to pair phone button.")

Am I missing a step?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Have you tried searching for devices from the phone? If you put the radio into pair mode and search for Bluetooth devices on the phone it should pick it up straight away. That's what the factory unit in my d22 used to do anyway. It will show a code on the radio, you then make sure this matches the code shown on the phone (or maybe type ot in, I can't remember now) and it will pair.

Yeah, I've been scanning for devices on my phone, but nothing comes up.

If ever something does come up it says can't connect or something like that.

I assumed my phone's bluetooth was working because it still picked up devices. I think I need to try my girlfriend's Iphone.......

I just feel as though there should be another step on the head unit....

Hmmm. From memory, all I did to pair mine was press the call button, go to pair phone, then it would say scanning or something, then search for bluetooth devices and it would find the radio, hit pair and a code would come up on the radio. Confirm it and it was good to go. But i have since changed radios to an aftermarket one, so I'm not completely sure anymore...

Latest posts

Back