Broken 4x4 selector wire

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 19348

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've got a 2014 D40 Navara, I think it's spain built, VIN starts with VSK. Anyway, the cable that connects to the transmission under the ute has been snapped. It looks like it has been floating loose and been caught in the drive shaft as there is a joint in the shaft right next to the wires.

I'm wondering if others can tell me if theirs are secured or not. Kloster Nissan is blaiming me for it and they have put a new cable tie in (it's awfully shiny and seems pretty obvious it's new and was to replace what wasn't there before hand). They're saying it's my fault and due to an external object taking it out. I'm pretty annoyed that I've only taken the thing off road twice (the last of which was in 4 months ago) and it broke while driving down the road from my workplace (in an industrial estate on tar roads) and they're saying it's my fault.

I'll put some pictures up of the cable etc. I guess I should also say the thing is a 2.5L 6sp manual with the dial selector. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen or if they know if there cable is secured or not. Apparently I am looking at $460 to fix it.

I've got a whole album at this link https://goo.gl/photos/o1szRJcgScEs2guh8 if anyone is interested.

aPvbiODp3Yw-GCMIIhAU7gmrrJj60vaP6jyPCg1yZ4lOd1-frXBldHTy9XD8EicxpQHfXfkv-khBnXA34EFVQEd-iOPRCGeI-FNPeq2ZMs-CroKX6MsKuMsllPg3sFjia6z56trs8pmnI2WluWp0ml9nsFP6qsPQK8qQ8CIdiueS3oNi_-BSCtgTsWP52RpwtSi6SkSjHUKyKq-gUNUO29on9WK52b4pDCKkMqrjMQyBdCBGXJhRifDaPX2SjJgyNdK-URkL6hvXP6Mw1u8tPmRsLd5aZq3IeV8ZP7aMI7Yq8baVKxU0FaOowvkd6lgpW0iXHl6gJqPkVW8CDd6EtuzjukxyoH7g-m5fTcFqtJ8fbB6LzsC7mbdCF_D9VATYeFgaT8pY-0o6tqjwd47bkFuVG7bP6o6dsLC6mUk5z-PTEBsu76qh1_IS-dQa6-c9ds56Fh_I83DR2hxSoU79DYOwJ86_awwG67FkfL9qBRY5FTy9ZT6CnaOYzqgDLEhSqmBYOqpTlkpWtwDKOQfsY9VSZo-wlFjEgjM6rHHEoWuVCN2NVMt3nUG_SH8NqEiOQCGjgQ=w858-h643-no

I should state the only work the car has had done to it which might be cause for the cable tie to be missing is an Old man emu suspension kit which gives about 2" lift. I am not sure this would require removal of the cable tie to do that though would it? Surely a lift wouldn't put any strain on the cables running to the transmission?

Latest posts

Back