Brown Davis Automotive - Exceptional customer service!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docp1980

Reaction score
Thought i'd share my experience with Brown Davis with everyone here. Basically, I bought a Brown Davis bash plate for my D22 last week. On Thurs night I put the ute up on my mate's hoist and tried to fit the plate up but the plate kept fouling the swaybar. Determined to get it on, we took to the plate with an angle grinder, but only having grinding discs with us the quality of the steel in the plate was bloody hard to get through. After lopping off small sections on each side we still couldn't get it to fit, so today I called Brown Davis and without hesitation they said to bring the ute in to them and they'd sort it out.

I dropped into Brown Davis out at Bayswater late this afternoon and they had the ute up on the hoist straight away trying to fit the plate. They used the plasma cutter to take more off the front wings of the plate and then realised what the problem was. I had put the cross member bracket on the plate backwards..... Now, in my defence there weren't any fitting instructions provided with the bash plate (something they are going to fix for all future sales), but I guess I should have tried turning the bracket around before I took to it with an angle grinder.

Anyway, they had a go at touching up the plate but it now didn't offer the full protection of the original design. The owner then came out and said 'I can't let you drive out of here with it looking like that' and replaced the bash plate with a brand new one, which they fitted on the spot for me, all at no cost. Now that is what I call service!

It's businesses like this that pride themselves not only on their quality products, but also on their customer service that we need to support and I can tell you that i'll definitely be a returning customer at Brown Davis Bayswater!

Great story! Must be a good part of town for it, I was just around the corner from you at Piranha buying Quick Fist clamps for my shovel and the bloke there was giving me some ideas/insight for a recovery point, great shop that Piranha, recommend it.
That's pretty good of Brown Davis, I'm sold!

Sounds like excellent service to me. That's one thing i always judge places on, their customer service. Don't give me decent, or any, customer service and i'll happily walk out and not return. Also good to know since i was considering buying some plates from them.

Mitch

Reading a post like that has made me think of buying Brown Davis bash plates instead of the competition. Good service pays off.

Latest posts

Back