Canopy/hardtop issues D40..need a guru..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloo

Reaction score
Funnily enough the last time i was on this forum was when i had just bought my Nav, and was looking sell/swap my canopy for a hardtop.

Well after a year and half, I realise that was a dumb move now since i actually need the cargo space and want to swap back, no big deal, found a guy willing to swap, and we start drilling rivets and unbolting.

Now when i initially swapped, both were spain built STX's(mine petrol his diesel...i dont think that matters) and it was straightforward, took less than an hour.

This time, his is an RX, but still a spain model, but the front of each tub is slightly different, the 'front rail' on mine is quite narrow and is flush with the inner face of the tub, on his its very deep and angled underneath, preventing the hardtop hinge rail from being fitted in the right location(much further back from the cabin and not a flush surface)

The rails have bolts and industrial adhesive holding them on, and looks like you can only get at the bolts on mine with the tub removed...his could be done with a bit of swearing but cutting through the industrial adhesive didnt look fun :(

Anyone ever come across this? I know differences in tubs have been done to death but i have never heard of this issue.

....Or does anyone with a spanish STX wanna swap a canopy for a hardtop/sportsbar combo? :makeout:

Latest posts

Back