Current NCOP E-Petition for QLD ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmacca

Reaction score
Found this on another Forum relating to a Petition for Mods to our 4WD's up here in QLD

For those in QLD..... worth a try

Current NCOP E-Petition - probably worth signing...
http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/work-of-assembly/petitions/e-petition?PetNum=1975

This is the petition wording...
TO: The Honourable the Speaker and Members of the Legislative Assembly of Queensland

Queensland residents draws to the attention of the House the current Queensland Code of Practice (QCOP) concerning vehicle construction and modifications are too confusing, out dated, overly restrictive for general motorists and should be replaced by the National Code of Practice (NCOP).

The introduction of the NCOP has been bantered around the Queensland vehicle industry, enthusiast motoring groups and the 4WD community for approximately four years, whilst the Transport and Main Road's website has been quoting its introduction for at least the last 18 months.

Motorists who modify their vehicles, generally want to stay legal so they do not compromise their vehicle?s safety, insurance or get defected. However, due to the restrictive nature of QCOP, some motorists purposely over modify their vehicles for particular reasons. This does not necessarily mean they are unsafe on Queensland roads, but they are not compliant and risk insurance issues if an incident occurs. Generally these over modified vehicles still fit within the context of the NCOP legislation.

4WD passenger vehicles should be allowed any tyre size increase beyond 50mm overall nominal diameter, as long as the vehicle?s total lifted height does not exceed the maximum 150mm in total (includes all suspension, tyre and body lifts combined).

Further request a public accessible website listing previously approved engineered vehicle modifications, allowing other owners better information, guidance and processes when seeking to modify their vehicles similar to previously engineered specifications and designs.

Your petitioners, therefore, request the House adopt the NCOP within Queensland, with minor additions.

Would be good if it did indeed come in at end of November, but last I heard was a case of no date, just "one day".

I was talking to a local bloke who does mod plates and he reckons end of november. Id assume hes in the no, but yeah

The ACT follows the NCOP to the letter. NSW took their own take on it and I believe so did VIC.Would be nice if we finally had 1 set of rules.
My truck is legal 100% in the ACT but not legal to drive in NSW apparently cos my tyres are too big.
Will be interesting to see how QLD takes the rules

Anyone else get a email response today

Yeah, I got one.....

It's interesting when u read it, it mentions cars that have all the electronic "extras" like stability control, etc that u may be in breach if u modify them with different size tyres; aftermarket suspension, etc simply due to the factory that it is unknown as to how these mods effect the electronics of the vehicle in its handling, etc

Latest posts

Back