D22 2004 3.3 v6 jerking.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhatNav

Reaction score
Hi guys, looking for some much needed help with my navara. Runs perfectly fine until going up a hill slow (in 4wd) or pushing it hard in first gear.

It will just loose revs and jerk or bounce until it stalls.

I got some idea it was fuel related so I changed the fuel pump but has made no difference.

Can't wait to hear some conclusions or ideas ASAP.

Attachments

• Screen_Recording_20230418_204112_Photos~2.mp4
    752.4 KB
Your revs jump about too. I wonder if there's a loose connection on the throttle assembly? Maybe take the accelerator out and give it a good clean?
I will clean it out this afternoon, anything I should be looking for?

Dirty contacts is my first thought. Could also be a broken/loose wire.

I went and saw one Navara on the NSW central coast, the car was intermittently doing something electrical (I think it was headlights) and I discovered that although the insulation of the wire was intact, the actual wire within was broken, so whenever there was movement the break would separate and power would be cut.

Dirty contacts is my first thought. Could also be a broken/loose wire.

I went and saw one Navara on the NSW central coast, the car was intermittently doing something electrical (I think it was headlights) and I discovered that although the insulation of the wire was intact, the actual wire within was broken, so whenever there was movement the break would separate and power would be cut.
Doesn't seem to be loosing electrical power as the lights or dash don't flicker when it does it.

Could the fuel filter be restricting fuel when going up hill?

Doesn't seem to be loosing electrical power as the lights or dash don't flicker when it does it.

Could the fuel filter be restricting fuel when going up hill?

It shouldn't (but that's possible, particularly if there's an air leak, or the tank pickup is exposed to air in the tank and not sucking fuel when it's climbing - although you'd think that you'd not be able to start or run the car at all up an incline if that were the case.

Broken wires on the connector to the accelerator pedal was what I was thinking, or perhaps damage on the variable resistor within, towards the "high" end. But it could be fuel pickup - the pedal is probably easier to check.

Okay I'll test the accelerater pedal and the wires shortly, what will I be looking for regarding 'fuel pickup'?

Okay I'll test the accelerater pedal and the wires shortly, what will I be looking for regarding 'fuel pickup'?

Inside the tank there's a fuel pickup that may be contaminated (have chunks of crap you've picked up at a servo). You probably could use a camera to go down the fuel intake and look around, if you've got access to one, otherwise it might be easier to empty and remove the tank.

Inside the tank there's a fuel pickup that may be contaminated (have chunks of crap you've picked up at a servo). You probably could use a camera to go down the fuel intake and look around, if you've got access to one, otherwise it might be easier to empty and remove the tank.
Oh yep okay, the whole tank was cleaned yesterday along with the pump if that helps

Going forwards does this (video below) but in reverse it is fine.

I have also changed the fuel filter.

I hope this is making some sense to someone cause I am fully lost!

Attachments

• VID-20230419-WA0025_1.mp4
    1.1 MB
Look for any loose (hanging) wires, or connectors that look like they should be clamped down, but aren't. I've had a similar issue, but not in a D22. Mine was a loose pin in a connector between the camshaft angle sensor & the wiring loom. The connector had come loose from its mount on corrugated roads. It was extremely difficult to chase it down. It felt like a fuel issue & I was chasing that angle. I was ready to burn the car before I found it.

Latest posts

Back