D22 2012 banging noise under drivers side wheel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22NZ

Reaction score
Have a loud banging noise and vibration coming from under drivers side floor. Wheel bearing, bail joints, tie rod all seem fine. Only happens when on bumpy roads or cornering. Have been told body mounts on this model crap out and causes this issue any ideas ?

Could be a body mount, particularly since it only happens on bumpy roads or cornering. If it were, say, a uni joint that's slowly disintegrating you'd notice it all the time.

Hi, I have a D22 2015 model and have the same issue as above and previously posted about it. Redone the front suspension as well as all new joints, stabiliser bar & bushes, shocks etc + new Propshaft centre bearing, prop universal joints re-checked and all fine, (as a Nissan service center fitted it incorrectly). We checked all the nuts and bolts for the body mounts etc they all tight. Have the same issue clunking/banging noise on the right side under drivers floor and even the vibration when accelerating from a stop turning right into another road and also coming through when going through a sweeping right hand bend even on a tar road.

Have a loud banging noise and vibration coming from under drivers side floor. Wheel bearing, bail joints, tie rod all seem fine. Only happens when on bumpy roads or cornering. Have been told body mounts on this model crap out and causes this issue any ideas ?
Had to change the body mounts on mine at one stage. After changing nearly everything else in front suspension first, unfortunately lol. It was making clunking front end noises particularly obvious when going through roundabouts. Strangely worse when going straight on, rather than turning. Also had clunky/ rattle noises over corrugations.

When I checked, one of the bolts had actually fallen out lol (on some corrugated track no doubt).

Replaced body mounts and it fixed the problem entirely. Also made the car far more comfortable and the suspension seem less harsh. Which makes sense when I think about it.

Mine is same but testing station for warrant of fitness never picked up on it.

Latest posts

Back