D22 dx side steps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stickymick

Reaction score
I brought a 2004 d22 dx, and got a set on side steps off a st-r. Without mounting bolts. I have heard that the st-r have a plate welded to the floor pan for strength. Would it be best to mount these steps to floor pan by drilling holes and putting plate down, or make bracket to fit on chassis? Like sliders do? Any1 mounted factory side steps to a DX?

st-r's only have plates that sit inside the cab on top of the floor then have bolts go through the floor to the side steps which bolt on under the cab. they are a weird shape though so i dunno how you'd go trying to make your own. have you got a dual or single cab? dual cab i would have thought the mount points would be there, maybe someone on here who has fitted sliders can sort you out with their old plates if the still have them...?

Yep it's a dual cab, side steps fit but no plates or holes with gromets in floor pan. Going to be tough to drill the hole in the correct spot to. Thinking should of just got sliders, but prices around here are around $800

you could probably make brackets that mount them to the chassis instead but they still aren't going to be real strong...

Yep it's a dual cab, side steps fit but no plates or holes with gromets in floor pan. Going to be tough to drill the hole in the correct spot to. Thinking should of just got sliders, but prices around here are around $800

That's not too bad a price for sliders. I have seen allot more expensive.

Latest posts

Back