D22 oil pump replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been a while

Reaction score
Howdy, just did a search on d22 oil pump replacement but not one post.. what i am thinking is, if I'm going to "dive in" and do this injection pump, injectors, timing chain kit I'd like to give her a new oil pump.... i can see from the parts list you can purchase inner and outer "rings" for the pump and you can also purchase the cover plate . That's good...

The manual looks like it's only accessible from the rear of the timing gear case!? That's bad 😉

My question is, has anyone replaced one?
And if so, when you measured it up what was the more predominant worn part? Was it the rings? Please be the rings!
or either the cover plate or timing gear cover where the pump runs in? Just preparing for myself for the forthcoming nissan parts "dry one" 😉 i think from memory the timing cover plate alone from Au Nis was $500ish and thats from 5 yrs ago when i first priced it , thats far to dry for me....
I'm thinking just replacing the rings "inner and outer" and the valve spring etc and not worry about the cover plate and timing cover.... anything new is better than it was ,,,,,right...?

The main reason i ask is that i have found a oem nissan parts dealer in Dubia that ships to Au... a very well priced oem part finder with very reasonable shipping cost.. I used these guys for the brake service i JUST did on her and the best way to save is to order a shite load through them...
I am trying to pre order and have the parts "at ready" before i "take up a mans shed and pull her down".. you see, for the 3 or 4 years i havent been here i have been making my way up the qld coast on my soul searching mission and " yup you get it" and the nav has " i think" spat an injector pump. I've got the use of a shed but it's part of a business sooo i dont want to tie up his floor space.. great people -one of the best parks i have stayed in!
I'll put a post up of brake part numbers and prices for you guys, to give you an idea - nissan Au $80 and up ,per caliper piston, try under $40 from these guys.. great site, it gives you other nissan manufacturers also- same piston German product try the 4 for $ 80... guess who went k'n nuts on the brakes.... nuts i tell ya

Anyway back to oil pumps- what do you think they do with these reco motors? Just the rings? That's all i could see getting done - any thoughts and all thoughts welcome..
if i do dive in i will "doco it" for you all as best as i can... I'd like to check and shim the valves too.. cheers

Will be good to see how you go with it. I am a little scared to do the inj pump myself, but if you can post a decent tutorial I may have a crack, though I hope I can get another 100k out of mine. Just hit 300 thou the other day!

Woohoo welcome to the 300' club �� i think the pick up pump on mine has helped with my pumps longevity- going by what i have read about these pumps... Some say anywhere over 80' you can expect it to go��

The more watching me the better "i say" - problem is being camera shy ... i should have done "i wanted too" one on the brakes- that was a full rebuild...
But yes, i wont miss this opertunity for nisasia crew.. be nice to have another to film and narrate- sooooo where abouts are you Boots ��

Well your one bloke in my corner so keep an eye on me will ya lol stop me if i start looking at piston rings...

What years yours mate?

05 mate and I am in Perth. Have you made a vid before? I gather you went under another alias previously but are unable to get onto that account. I took some footage of the intake manifold clean that I did but have done nothing with it, was looking to bung it up on YouTube

Oh nice, Perth is next for me.. noooo never shot a vid before, well not with my head and voice in it... there's one on you tube of a Honda XR i restored but nothing on the nav...

Nahhh screw puting it on youtube, I'd rather give it to the guys here first..

Oh yeahh lol i have two accounts that i can't get onto ! Danmit! Well three actually- the first was removed :)) Wrote to admin , nothing! Could be somthing to do with me pulling a little bullies head in and me getting banned at one time ... woops! i think the one i told to go **** himself was the girlfriend of one of the admin blokes :)))) could be wrong... hi admin ;)

Latest posts

Back