D22 YD25 Limp mode

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niko

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have just signed up to the site and i have to say that it has been a pleasure searching and finding alot of useful info.

I have notice this limp mode issue seems to be common amongst D40's but i cant seem to find alot of issues with the YD25 D22 2008 model.

So here is my issue:
I am not that well known for my mechanical abilities but i can hold a shifter. About 2 months ago my 2008 STR 2.5lt T/D YD25 went into limp mode for no reason at all. I thought it might be a fuel issue so i added Wynns Diesel fuel cleaner which stopped the car going into limp mode for about a month. The problem has re-occured and now seems to be very bad. Whenever i come to a stand it takes off ok in 1st gear but whenever i change gears in goes into limp mode ( especially 1st to 2nd) and takes at least 5 seconds before it accelerates sometimes even longer. No check engine light comes on. I took the car to Ultra Tune in the gong and he diagnosed the car but no faults/codes occured. He had the car for 2 days and could not find anything wrong besides the obvious limp mode crap.

I have changed the fuel filter and air filter, and have done th ECU reset thanks to this site (thanks), it seems to go better but still goes into limp mode often.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

FRUSTRATED!!!

Welcome to the forum!

I'm wondering if the neutral position switch is dodgy. There are two things you can try:

1) Hold the gear lever to one side or the other and see if the symptoms go away

2) Remove (unplug) the NPS and see if the problem goes away.

Thanks Old.Tony,

Where would I find the NPS? and when you say remove do you mean just unplug and re connect or leave it out totally?

Latest posts

Back