D40 airbag light blinking 1 long 2 short blinks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngametu1

Reaction score
Hey all I've got a d40 2013 navara and the airbag light seems to be blinking fast I did the diagnostic on YouTube and it says the turn on wait to disappear then wait 5 seconds etc etc
But when I did do that it makes the air bag light Symble blink long once then blinks fast twice, then i do the youtube diagnostic on it again and it blinks faster constantly then i do the youtube thing again it then goes once and twice fast again anyone have and idea? Cheers

In my experience there are two reasons (apart from the obvious deployment of the airbags!) for the airbag light to flash: either the diagnostic module can't communicate with the airbags, or the diagnostic module is faulty. I've had both in my car.

A lack of communication is usually just a broken clock spring in the steering wheel (easily replaceable, and easy to pull out and test). I have heard that the passenger airbag module can be disrupted by someone working under the dash (usually just dislodging the connection) but I've not heard of any problems with others (like curtain or seat units).

If the clock spring tests ok, and the rest of the car hasn't been disturbed, there's a good chance it's the diagnostic module. I've had to replace mine - Nissan wanted a bit over $1,000 for a new one, but I got one from a wrecker for $100 and it works just fine.

Latest posts

Back