D40 radio nav upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy

Reaction score
Hi Navara team,

I have a 2014 D40 with the upgraded head unit from factory. What I am trying to do is upgrade to an apple play system. I have been to a couple of car radio store's, but they say because It has the map button on it we can not upgrade a 7" screen. I believe It's the same as the Pathfinders head units
20230527_155937.jpg
20230527_155937.jpg

Hi Navara team,

I have a 2014 D40 with the upgraded head unit from factory. What I am trying to do is upgrade to an apple play system. I have been to a couple of car radio store's, but they say because It has the map button on it we can not upgrade a 7" screen. I believe It's the same as the Pathfinders head units View attachment 37653View attachment 37653
I'm trying to find a suitable head unit for my 2014 D40 Titanium... same unit as in your pics. Did you have any luck? There are plenty that fit the regular D40 head units available, but not this one.

I'm trying to find a suitable head unit for my 2014 D40 Titanium... same unit as in your pics. Did you have any luck? There are plenty that fit the regular D40 head units available, but not this one.
There is nothing available on the aftermarket for this head unit. Virtually impossible to upgrade.

Plenty of 7" 2 din aftermarket units out there. However you may lose some of the functionality of your current head unit buttons.
Pull off the whole thing first and have a look at the back of it.
Might need extra looms also.
Measure your screen size first

Plenty of 7" 2 din aftermarket units out there. However you may lose some of the functionality of your current head unit buttons.
Pull off the whole thing first and have a look at the back of it.
Might need extra looms also.
Measure your screen size first
Sadly the 7" unit won't fit in the hole. As you say, even if you hacked one in you would lose AC readouts and other things like distance to empty.

Hi Greg, I have had no luck finding a suitable replacement. The audio shop reckons because it's got the map button on it, it cannot be replaced. I just went down to the wreakers and got a second hand unit.

Hi Navara team,

I have a 2014 D40 with the upgraded head unit from factory. What I am trying to do is upgrade to an apple play system. I have been to a couple of car radio store's, but they say because It has the map button on it we can not upgrade a 7" screen. I believe It's the same as the Pathfinders head units View attachment 37653View attachment 37653
Hey billy, if you end up finding anything please update us! I'm in the same boat

Edit: Didn't see you got a replacement, oops

Latest posts

Back