dual battery question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxy

Reaction score
hey guys

just a quick question on mounting my second battery under the tray had a look through search function but couldnt find the right info

question: can i expect to have any problem with voltage drop with the battery mounted under the tray jus behind the cab or it not enough distance to cause to much problem i have a tjm ibs sytem?

Thanks boxy

+1 on the cable size. The bigger the cable, the less voltage drop. There'll still be some, it's unavoidable, but small cable amplifies the loss. Don't forget to put a fuse on both ends of the cable itself.

hey guys

just a quick question on mounting my second battery under the tray had a look through search function but couldnt find the right info

question: can i expect to have any problem with voltage drop with the battery mounted under the tray jus behind the cab or it not enough distance to cause to much problem i have a tjm ibs sytem?

Thanks boxy

I agree with what the others have said. You might also consider fitting a 12V to 12V charger like the Projecta DC20 (http://www.batteriesdirect.com.au/shop/product/9602/dc20.html). I've fitted one of these in my ute and another in my campertrailer......very good at dealing with any voltage drop problem between the alternator and the battery. I believe that Redarc and others also make these type of charger. Just one thing about these they are best mounted as close to the battery that they are looking after as possible.

Last edited:
Also take into account the isolators often have their own limitations on cable length, well Projecta do anyway. The max cable length for a Projeta is 5m from the source to the isolator (isolator to aux is governed by cable size as spoken about above), none of our utes are 5m from battery to tub but depending on the path you choose for the cable run you can use 5m doing that job.

Latest posts

Back