EBAY Winches

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I understand Aldi and Ironman winches are the same thing....or used to be.

When I refer to cheap winches, I should have been clearer...I mean the ebay cheapies....the ones that use coke cans for shims...

Now, whether you will be able to get internal spares for some of these cheaper winches in years to comes - who knows. You pay your money and take your chances.

Entirely up to you I guess.

Unfortunately I have been there when an ebay winch has expired. First time out of the box, never used before... Horrible grinding sounds and it just stalled under load. Out with the cable of the trusty old Warn and hauled him up the hill. The ebay special would not even haul in its own cable without load on it. I have personally seen this happen 3 times now with various coloured cheapies. That is why I am somewhat reluctant to recommend the cheaper variety of winches...

It was okay because there was other vehicles there with quality equipment installed that actually worked...but if he had been relying on his own equipment to conduct a self-recovery operation he could have been in all sorts of poo. It happens. More often that one would think...

Yes, quality winches expire from time to time as well. Warn solenoids usually expire (in my experience) due to lack of maintenance as an example. However the internals are generally pretty good.

My recommendation - if you can't afford a good quality power winch (and desperately want a winch), buy a decent hand winch.

Last edited:
It hardly looks different to the one from Aldi. I wonder if there's a factory somewhere east of Europe that pumps these things out without logos, to be picked up by Tigerz, Ironman, Aldi and others.

Where are you thinking of mounting the control box?

East of europe? Possibly. Deep in the bowls of China? Highly likley:dontknow:]
I dunno where the box will end up. I'll get the material for the cradle next week and once I get the winch (probably late next week of early the week after) I'll start working things out.

Looks good mate and the price is right too. Can't wait to see what you come up with when you make the cradle.

Latest posts

Back