ECU remap exchange

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming out of Launceston today going up the hill past the Big 4, I started to loose the back end, in 4th gear overtaking a truck. Shit, so turned the boost back another click it is now set on 3 clicks from closed. Admittedly the road was a bit wet from rain but the car has never lost traction in the rear and my tires are in good nick.

The car couldn't be making that much power just from an update to the ECU
would get that in a stock D22 ZD30. make sure you set the rear tires up right and drive to the conditions.

be very careful running low boost as its the boost that cools the pistons. this is why egt gauges are important.

about the same in my opinion, but i haven't quantified it. You only really drinking more fuel when passing or heavy accelerating other than just ticks along like it always has. I'm only speaking of my ZD30

Same here, I didn't really take notice as most of my Driving is 100ks except for when I go into town. I just filled the car up when the gauge said so. I have noticed the car pulls a lot harder now, and the Turbo spools up a lot earlier and faster. Which to me equates to more power, how that affects fuel economy I don't know.

Yeah mate, mine hasn't really changed? It got a bit higher when I first had the remap, only because I was a bit childish with the extra grunt 😁
I have a averaged around 9.3 l/100 for the last few years, but coming back under 9 since I replaced the injector pump
That is pretty good milage, but my drive to work and back is 50 kays and mostly 70-80 k/hr with only a few sets of lights
Judicious use of the right boot for most driving helps. And I rarely tow anything

Been away for a trip around Tassie towing the caravan. All up about 1600ks. Coming home I saved a PDF of the Autel EOBD file. I was happy with the temp of the engine as it was relatively warm. I was sitting on 100Kph per the speedo as you can see there is a 6kph error which doesn't worry me that much. Built into the ecu so you don't get stung speeding.

Attachments

• 2023-09-25_11-06-46.pdf
    36 KB · Views: 0
Been away for a trip around Tassie towing the caravan. All up about 1600ks. Coming home I saved a PDF of the Autel EOBD file. I was happy with the temp of the engine as it was relatively warm. I was sitting on 100Kph per the speedo as you can see there is a 6kph error which doesn't worry me that much. Built into the ecu so you don't get stung speeding.
Most Speedo’s read lower so the emissions are better during testing, helps many cars record better emissions and economy on paper when they’re coming into the country. I just go off gps, but mine reads 106 on the Speedo at 100 actual. Was a much bigger difference on the factory height tyres lol (adr allows 10% +4kmh lower speed than displayed).

In economy news, I used a nulon fuel treatment and the economy got better by about 0.5L/100 to 10.5 again - I’d been using around 11-11.3L/100km the last month or two.

Latest posts

Back