ECU Tuning

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joshman - I will come back to you on your earlier questions:

Tappet - Yes we can read the code - edit it and reinstall it. I agree with Joshman on mods to a point. Most mods provide mutually exclusive benefits but there would be a small incremental benefit if the ECU tune was done last.

and most mods cannot be tuned for properly without running on a dyno...period.!

Krankin agree ECU's will do whatever you ask of them I think it is more of a question as to if the ECU can be tuned to control that function. I disagree on the programming of mods requiring a dyno which tend to tune beyond what my company would consider safe levels. While mods they are pretty standard and not really a modification like in the old days where modifications were custom made, now it's buy off the self and plug in so pretty standard.

Find a dyno tuner that will warrant your engine for damage due to over tuning.

Krankin agree ECU's will do whatever you ask of them I think it is more of a question as to if the ECU can be tuned to control that function. I disagree on the programming of mods requiring a dyno which tend to tune beyond what my company would consider safe levels. While mods they are pretty standard and not really a modification like in the old days where modifications were custom made, now it's buy off the self and plug in so pretty standard.

Find a dyno tuner that will warrant your engine for damage due to over tuning.

its not up to the dyno to warrant engine failure for your mods, he's only doing a printout,
and if the chip installer grenades your engine whilist fitting his chip, I'll bet he blames it on "your engine had issues before I started"

how can one see if any mods are working to spec if not run over on a dyno?? its only speculation without solid proof

as for programming of mods and then dynoing, I agree you cant program the ecu while on the dyno cause you not there...things like what been mentioned already, fuel in, timing etc...
though I am thinking only of getting the most out of the dollars spent...why spend the dosh if your not getting the most bang for your buck

:cheers!:

how much does this cost and if you just provide a program and dont need the car for the day how do we mear mortals install such an ingenious thing ps i hav a 2.5 l cr str 2009 model

how much does this cost and if you just provide a program and dont need the car for the day how do we mear mortals install such an ingenious thing ps i hav a 2.5 l cr str 2009 model

APT posted the price on one of the threads...just search all his posts...

mere mortals just have to remove the ECU, get it to APT, he gets it back to you, install and away you go...how you go well that depends on what sort of tune your after.
He says you get the ECU back in 2-3 day turnaround...

I assume no car is dyno tuned before leaving the assembly plant. ???

I wonder how many people actually get a dyno run before and after fitting a plug & play chip? 10% maybe?

I can pull a fuse to turn the chip off and put it on a dyno, then I'd like to see how she goes with the chip on, then I'd like to (if possible) further tune it to all work a bit better. Or get a custom tune for the chip.

I assume no car is dyno tuned before leaving the assembly plant. ???

I wonder how many people actually get a dyno run before and after fitting a plug & play chip? 10% maybe?

no their not.....all the engines are fired up tho before fitting into the vehicle...all dyno/RD etc is done on the engines themselves during developent stages.

Krankin - Fair point, some require proof and unfortunately I can not provide that other than what the driver feels. I believe we get the most out of the cars within safe and warrantable limits but easy to say. Also easy to say we beat any tuning box etc. So it's up to the individual to believe or not. I am interested to hear if tuning is possible "on the run" with a dyno as there are plenty of people who would be interested. To get past all the anti tune technology we have to tune on bench. Would be very happy to recommend others if they can do better we do that on trucks already.

In regard to mods and proof, if you can not feel the difference then it has not worked running on dyno seems an unnecessary expense to see if an arbitary number has been met.

Joshman I am a little confused, pulling a fuse to turn chip off? Is this a tuning box set up?

End of day a tune to the actual ECU parameters is safer and will perform better than any external chip simply because there is more to play with. Again this assumes both are tuned safely.

John unfortunately what I provide requires the ECU to be removed as tuning must be done on bench. As our file writer is UK based then we can remove late afternoon early evening and have programmed and returned later in evening. Be waring of people marketing customised tunes who can "turn it around" on the spot in one visit - it is likely this is actually a stock file.

This is of course if you are in Melbourne outside melbourne requires courier time.

drop m a private message if you are still interested and I can go through price, timing, your requirements etc

Cheers

will an auto 07 stx handle trhe tune. ive hurd different things about these auto and dunno wat to beleieve.

Back