EFS + ironman vs Opposite lock..?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badman55

Reaction score
Happy new year everyone!

Have had a bit of time to do a ring around / get some quotes for a heavy duty 2" lift kit and new bull bar installed on my 2013 st....
Have pretty much narrowed it down to two supplier / installers...

1. Ontrack automotive $1800 for 2" constant load 300kg installed and $1600 for ironman bar installed. Approx $3600 all up...
2. Opposite lock $4200 for post or loop style bar and 2" constant load 300kg set up with pump up tough dog rear shocks....

Hoping some of you might have some experience with these brands that they might like to share....
So far I like the sound of the O/L bar, I think it sits a lot nicer on the Nav, a bit like the TJM bar. And a like the idea of the adjustable rear shocks....
The Ontrack option is about $600 cheaper though....

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Cheers!

Gday mate

Had adjustable td on my patrol and have efs with ironman bar on Mrs 100 series. Also have fitted ol bullbar to my nav.

The adjustable shocks were ok, I had the in cab adjuster for them so I didn't have to get in the crud to adjust them. So I adjusted them often. They don't make the incab adjuster anymore but the one from the rancho shocks works well with them. Without the ability to do it in the cab I wouldn't have bothered getting adjustables again. But u can notice the difference between the settings on both ends of the scale. Just the extra increments aren't really noticeable.

My ol bar I got second hand and is quite nice. The powder coating finish on it is a bit ordinary though. I like how it has three antenna mounts and I got the foglights too which r adjustable too.

The efs shocks on the Mrs car handle quite nicely. We have been 4wding with it a couple of times and they have worked as expected. Ultimately it was the warranty efs offer on their shocks that persuaded us to get them but they are doing well so far.

She has the ironman bar on the front which I installed. It's an ok bar but needs a couple more antenna mounts on it. The painted coating they put on it is also really thin and crap. So if u go with them see if u can get it rhino lined or something before installation. Oh and the bash plate under the winch didn't line up when installing without persuasion either. More a pain for the installer than your problem. Hope that helps at all mate

Hi Carchania,

Thanks for the helpful reply mate!
At this stage I think I will go for the EFS option and pay an extra $200 for an ARB bar over the ironman option, tipping that ARB will have better paint...
Will book it in Monday morning and let you know how it goes!

Thanks again for the reply!

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back