Electric mirror wiring help !

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenwood95

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls, please excuse me I’m new here and needing some advice… I appreciate this question may have already been asked a millions times.

I have a 2006 king cab D40 - I have just removed my manual mirrors and replaced them with electric ones, however have noticed that there’s no electric plug within the door frame to connect the mirrors to, to supply the power ? … that being said I have the original plug / loom under the steering wheel that supply’s power to the mirror switch in which i have removed the blanking plate and fitted the genuine mirror switch - but as stated no further wires feeding into the actual door frame to connect the mirror itself ?

Thanks guys
Alex

It might be worth your while taking a peek (at least, or grabbing if you can!) the wiring in a D40 STX at a wrecking yard. There's a rubber tube with bellows in the middle that the wires run through from the door frame into the door between the upper and lower hinges. This simply ends in a plug that the mirror connects to (there's also wiring that goes across to the door lock solenoid).

Hi guys and girls, please excuse me I’m new here and needing some advice… I appreciate this question may have already been asked a millions times.

I have a 2006 king cab D40 - I have just removed my manual mirrors and replaced them with electric ones, however have noticed that there’s no electric plug within the door frame to connect the mirrors to, to supply the power ? … that being said I have the original plug / loom under the steering wheel that supply’s power to the mirror switch in which i have removed the blanking plate and fitted the genuine mirror switch - but as stated no further wires feeding into the actual door frame to connect the mirror itself ?

Thanks guys
Alex
Others have found this, the wiring is not in place for an electric mirror if not originally fitted.

Thanks guys
Alex
I have a Thai built 2011 single cab RX D40. It had manual mirrors as standard which I converted to electric. I had to get the front door wiring harnesses, four way switch and mirrors from the Thai dual cab donor vehicle.

The power mirror wiring was present in the cab up to the connector behind the side panel in front of each door. The wiring and connector for the four way switch were also present.

It was a plug and play exercise. I just had to swap the door wiring harnesses and connect the four way switch. There were no visits to the Dealer for "coding" as the vehicle was already set up for it. Everything worked perfectly.

Last edited:
I have a Thai built 2011 single cab RX D40. It had manual mirrors as standard which I converted to electric. I had to get the front doors wiring harnesses and four way switch from the Thai dual cab donor vehicle as well as the mirrors.

The power mirror wiring was present in the cab up to the connector behind the side panel in front of each door. The wiring and connector for the four way switch was also present.

It was a plug and play exercise. I just had to swap the door wiring harnesses and connect the four way switch. There were no visits to the Dealer for "coding" as the vehicle was already set up for it. Everything worked perfectly.
Thanks Scott that’s great, I’ll have to take myself up to a scap yard and pull some wiring out.
I think the wiring is pretty much similar to how yours was, although I’ve not checked the passengers side yet. I’ve bought the 4 way mirror switch to alter the mirrors, that's all fitted due to the wiring already being present under the footwell. I’ve tried to follow the wire back to see where it goes - which seems to lead to a massive bundle of taped wires just before the rubber bung which leads off into the drivers door.

Latest posts

Back