Extending the factory battery cables.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melliott

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2013 D40 and i have a Optima d34 battery sitting in my garage not being used that i want to install. I cant install it with the factory battery cables being the length they are as the terminals are opposite to the factory battery and wont reach.

I don't want to add it as a second battery mainly because of the cost involved and i don't really need a second battery anyways.

I'm wondering if the factory cables can be extended so i can get this battery installed?

Last edited:
The earth will be easy but don't extend make sure you run a new length. it connects to the body and the engine all on the one cable. the starter cable is under the positive fuse block. it to can easily be changed. but the fuse block itself I would not mess with but you could make up a small lead to connect this and fit it off to the side somewhere. just make sure the height of the battery will fit ,as standard has recessed terminals due to the closeness of the bonnet. Hope this helps...

Thanks mate,
It wasn't the negative terminal i was worried about, its the posative with the fuze on the terminal.
Ill take another look at it over the weekend and see what i can do.
Is there any one on the forum that has attempted this before?

With the truck still being virtually new and under warranty wouldnt it be a safer bet to try to get the correct battery .That way Nissan cant blame your extensions for any issues that might arise.
From memory the cables are all bolt on lugs so extending is easy but just bolting in a new lugged cable and heaps of heat shrink to insulate.

I agree, If i was buying a battery i would have gotten the correct one.
I already had this battery and its less than a year old.
Ill look into it on the weekend, I may end up just adding it as a second after all.

Back