Factory D40 Bullbar Mounts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6268

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a 2010 Thai Built King Cab D40 with a factory bullbar and Warn winch. This past weekend we were camping, whilst driving along a slippery off camber track we slid into a dirt embankment, probably at about 5km an hour. The right wing of the bullbar impacted the embankment. No airbag activation. We moved the truck off the track to check for damage and noted that the bullbar had been pushed back on the right side, almost touching the front right tyre. The left side wing was now sticking out past the edge of the vehicle. No panel damage, all lights work. Other than some minor front panel damage where the bullbar has pushed back towards the vehicle, the only issue is the bullbar alignment.

After getting back to camp we had a decent look and noted that the bullbar mount has pushed back along the grooved slot on the right mount. We were able to undo the bolts and pull the bullbar forward so it is reasonably parallel to stop the right wing rubbing on the front tyre under suspension compression.

I have attached an image showing the right bullbar mount, with slots visible, that moved. I need to get the vehicle looked at anyway as I suspect the movement may have disrupted the bash plates given they are mounted to the bullbar.

Seems a pretty stupid design if the bar moves so easily. I am not overly confident that a smash repairer is going to fix it so would appreciate some advice of what torque settings these mounting bolts would be at? So I can check them afterwards.

Attachments

• bb mount.jpg
    bb mount.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back