fazman from Melbourne

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazman

Reaction score
gday all!

not new to forums but new to navaras. I am picking up a brand spanking new d22 tomorrow which im very excited about.

ill be steping out of a manual xr6 falcon ute so the nav will take some getting used to. However itll be a blast and take me many more places

im right into my bikes, ride road and dirt so it will be doing hauling duties.

anyway ive done a fair bit of reading here already prior to joining but thought id bound to have questions.

still thinking about the egr blanking plate and whay mods to do to the newy!:blingbling:

Hi and welcome, love the look of the d22's, was the first choice when looking for a fourbie. Got the d40 instead. I love mine and no doubt you'll love yours. Get it dirty and send us some pics...

well picked it up on Wednesday night and im pretty happy!

takes a little bit of getting used to,haven't driven a turbo diesel very much

I gave it a run over the black spur and into the black ranges forrest for some very tame 4x4 work. (didnt want to scratch it on day 3 of owning it haha)

Welcome to the forum, nice ute!

Just make sure you let that turbo cool before you shut the engine off - some gentle driving for the last couple of minutes, or if it's unavoidable, let the engine idle for about a minute.

Thanks for the welcomes all!

ive been cautious with the turbo letting it cool down.. is a turbo timer a wise investment?

does doing the ehr blanking pkate void any warranty etc? ive had a search but couldn't find a definitive answer.

also installed slimline weathershields and mats today. bonnet protector to go on tomorrow

egr could void wty if Nissan want to
my egr has been blocked since 1000k service (now has 55k)
its been to the dealer twice with plate in and they said nothing
most blokes leave them in unless its a wty claim

imo a turbo timer is well worth the few $$ ($240 for a plug and play boggard)
I have had one since new

Latest posts

Back