Fitting D22 2.5 CRD with a performance exhayst

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatmac

Reaction score
I am new to this forum, but need some help in choosing the right exhaust for my 2015 Navara STR D22 2.5lt CRD dual cab... there's so much conflicting information. I have already fitted a snorkel, bullbar, towbar, driving lights, CB EGR blanking plate and top-of-the-line oil catch can. Recently, I also fitted a Roo Systems chip, it's great and worth every cent, but here lies the problem, Roo Systems reckon they can only fit a 3" exhaust to the end of the existing dump pipe and cat converter. They say they can't fit a complete system to
a D22 dual battery 2.5, and while I wouldn't get the same performance benefits it'll be OK. You know what I told them to do! So, if I can't fit a 3", because of the lack of room, how about a 2.7" system. And if Nissan can fit a dump pipe and cat why can't it be upgraded? Any ideas where I should turn or what can be done?
Thanks for any input.

Before you get more confused speak to Beaudesert exhaust about a complete kit 2.75. The dump pipe is the restriction, they replace the system with a new dump pipe and high flow muffler. I picked up an extra 19hp from exhaust alone before chipping and resetting boost, also earlier/ stronger spool up.
http://beauexhausts.com.au/

You won't get a 3 inch dump pipe on a thai built d22, that's probably why they don't bother doing one. .. there just physically isn't enough room between the turbo and the firewall. 2.75 would be about the max i reckon... I have an xforce 3 inch on mine and while it is 3 inch from just below the dump pipe, the dump pipe itself would be probably just over 2.5 inch. Mine is a 2010 with the factory dual batteries...

I got a 2 3/4" Beaudesert. It makes a noticeable difference especially when overtaking road trains!

Hi there.
I am reading with post with great excitement as I take delivery of my new to me d22 (2013 mod) this coming Friday.
I have been told that these rigs take well to exhaust and chip. Was there a price getting thrown around for the Beaudesert 2.75? Was it difficult to d.i.y?
Cheers,
Gt

Hi there.
I am reading with post with great excitement as I take delivery of my new to me d22 (2013 mod) this coming Friday.
I have been told that these rigs take well to exhaust and chip. Was there a price getting thrown around for the Beaudesert 2.75? Was it difficult to d.i.y?
Cheers,
Gt

The roo system chip was $1450 and its great, the D22 goes live a V6, but stay away from the cheap chips, they just pump in more fuel and do a great deal of damage. The Beaudesert exhaust come with everything needed for fitment and has all the hanging hooks in the same places as the original. Cost $1450. Apparently, the hardest part about fitment is removing the old exhaust (rusty bolts etc), but mines a 2015-built D22, so about 3 hours should do it.

The roo system chip was $1450 and its great, the D22 goes live a V6, but stay away from the cheap chips, they just pump in more fuel and do a great deal of damage. The Beaudesert exhaust come with everything needed for fitment and has all the hanging hooks in the same places as the original. Cost $1450. Apparently, the hardest part about fitment is removing the old exhaust (rusty bolts etc), but mines a 2015-built D22, so about 3 hours should do it.

Make sure you get a $9 EGR blanking plate off ebay and fit it asap, save you $1000s in the long run and use fully-synthetic oil, also a must. The EGR plate won't set off any engine alarms and lights.

Last edited:
Hi there.
Cheers,
Gt

You're optimistic... took me over 4 hours just to get the factory dump pipe out when I changed my exhaust. No seized bolts or nuts, just no room to move in there... mine is a 2010. Ended up having to undo the turbo to exhaust manifold bolts and push the turbo down while separating the dump pipe off the back of it...

Hopefully the bolts are in good nick being a Victorian 2013 ute. Looks like it has had an easy life too. Thanks so much for the info re chip exhaust and the egr plate. Very informative! Let the modifying begin I say!

Back