Fitting Nissan Genuine Winch Bar to 2012 D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
I have a 2012 D40 (Series 6) although it was built in 2011 in Spain. I recently bought a Nissan genuine winch bar off EBay and before buying it I called Nissan to check the bar was goings to be compatible (which they confirmed it should be).

To be extra sure I measures the spacing of my chasis rails before I went and measured them on the bar before taking it and again, a match so all good I thought.

So this morning I stripped off the factory bumper and came to fit the winch bar only to find the bolt arrangement at the end of the chasis looked like this:

20121020_132332.jpg

While the corresponding plate on the winch bar looks like this:

20121020_132344.jpg

Bugg ger!

Anybody any idea what went wrong? Anybody recognise the bolt arrangement on the bar? Do I have the wrong year? Or a Thai rather than Spanish?

Anybody know who makes he Nissan bars? Is it TJM/ARB/Ironman or somebody else. Would I be able to simply buy a new winchbar bolt arrangement as these are detachable:

20121020_140648.jpg

This is what the bar looks like from the front:

20121020_140722.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
that bar is for non-facelifted models i.e should work on basically all the 127kw motor models with the crease in the front of the bumper, with some differences between the thai and spain models
if you have the new 140kw or v6 turbo diesel model it will not work

Back