Fridge/accessories plug.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgie

Reaction score
Overpriced.

I had the exact same problem and solved it with one of these from Jaycar. $2.95 solution to the problem - the connector can't come apart.

productLarge_9893.jpg

Since the cable is dedicated to the fridge anyway, it didn't matter that I was making it useless for anything else, especially since I added one of these $6.95 sockets to the battery box anyway.

productLarge_2396.jpg

Hope that helps!

Tony - I knew you wouldn't be far away with an answer !

Given that the fridge will be moved from the tub quite often willl the plug I put up do the job?

I'll second that. The Anderson plug is awesome, I've run one to the front of the are and used double sided tape to stick it to the top of my bullbar, and I changed over my air-compressor to Anderson as well, I plan to do the same with the fridge.

The camper trailer mobs are moving away from the cigarette plug power socket to the Hella type socket(and another brand) for lighter use like lights, fridges, etc. They tend to use Anderson for the heavier jobs like recharging the trailer battery from the car(170Amp version) and the lighter Anderson (40Amp) for other stuff like solar panels, etc.

Yes Ridgie, it would. Even the plug I showed will do the trick. I thought of getting Andersen plugs - which are excellent, but I didn't want to pay the vastly higher price of the Anderson plug to provide at most the 4 amps my Engel fridge would draw.

I agree the Anderson are great, but a over the top for the low Amps a fridge draws. I like Ye Olde Tony's solution.

Can I just add something here ... when you use crimp-on plugs, do NOT use the el-cheapo crimping tool that you can pick up for $10-15 at various places.

If you get the real deal - the professional unit - your crimping will actually work and won't let go of the wire.

I completely understand Tony - I fell victim to a cheap crimper recently, so I bought a more expensive one which is great for what I need it for, but I was tempted by the Kingchrome ratchet type but couldn't justify the cost. All my battery lead crimping was done by the auto elec with a big youbeaut item. The rest was crimped and soldered by Mr Bobcat.

Thanks so much for the info in this thread. I appreciate all the feedback.

I have ordered one of the plugs I posted up.

Must say i have not had a problem with the standard cig type plug on fridge plugged in tub travelling limestone roads in the south east. Ridgie we have those merrit plugs in a couple of tractors never had a problem with them when we need more the auto elec we deal with always has them in stock, Dont know what we draw through them but they run the screen for the cameras on the harvester

Latest posts

Back