front diff issue 1997 d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kye Masclet

Reaction score
yo how are we. so I have a issue with the front left hub locking or not staying locked perhaps. so once you lock the hubs and putt in 4x4 the left hub seems to act like it is slipping with a constant banging similar to a busted cv joint. (once hub is in free it stops) originally its was both sides but putting in brand new hub locks and new cv shafts, the right hand side is fixed but the left continues (also swapped sides just to rule out if it may of been faulty) so my question is it possible the inner inner shaft that goes into the diff has maybe damaged teeth? or broken in some way if so are these parts buyable or am i going to be up for another diff. could pull it out and have a look myself but it is the daily work car so i can't really take that chance at the moment. any help would be appreciated cheers.

jack the front off the ground put it in 4wd and full lock then spin the wheels by hand one wheel then the other see what happens u might feel something or hear some thing giving u a better idear of whats going on

Latest posts

Back