Gauges and alarms queries/recommendations ⏱❓

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richNAV

Reaction score
So having read a bunch of posts on here already going to go with a double pillar pod with Autometer Boost Pressure and Oil Pressure Gauges.

Then I’d like another digital device to measure engine temp and alarm me when things are getting hot. I’m tossing up between an Engine Watchdog (which is just a washer attached to bolt on the engine) or an Auberins EGT probe and gauge, what’s everyone’s thoughts on the best way to gauge engine temps?

The Engine Watchdog also has an oil level warning alarm which I’m keen on atm since I have a leaking rear main seal. Then there is low coolant alarms as well by Davies Craig Ltd. Or can I rely on the stock instruments to warn me early enough on these?

Great to get any feedback.

Ta,
Rich

i have several Auberins. they have configurable alarm output that you can connect to a buzzer/light. they also have memory recall.
they can fit a large range of sensors.

factory temp gauges on any vehicle are idiot gauges. years ago temp gauges used to measure the temp but dealers kept getting panicking car owners who thought their car was overheating every time they went up a hill. so now they are tuned not to move from centre unless really really hot.

factory temp gauges on any vehicle are idiot gauges. years ago temp gauges used to measure the temp but dealers kept getting panicking car owners who thought their car was overheating every time they went up a hill. so now they are tuned not to move from centre unless really really hot.

Yeh I thought as much so I’ll completely discount the stock temp gauge. How about the oil level low warning light? Can I trust that? I haven’t seen it come on yet and I’ve run the oil a bit low on one occasion near bottom of the range. Where would I see it?

Yeh I thought as much so I’ll completely discount the stock temp gauge. How about the oil level low warning light? Can I trust that? I haven’t seen it come on yet and I’ve run the oil a bit low on one occasion near bottom of the range. Where would I see it?
no idea.

Decided to order the Auberins EGT gauge in the end and will drill and tap into a fabricated EGR blanking plate. Is the sealed tip probe which comes with the kit long enough?

no idea.
my toyo my first one as a bit short and read 100c less.
would not hurt to get a couple of sizes, especially as shipping will be the big cost.

ideally best place to fit the sensor is just before the turbo.

Most people seem to fit into the exhaust manifold (via EGR blanking plate) and I’ve only seen one mention of a longer probe on a D40...

Latest posts

Back