G'day From Brisbane - New 550 owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Woo

Reaction score
G'day fellas,

Been lurking a while and REALLY struggling to get the forum to accept registration!
14th time lucky, and here I am!

Picking up my new STX-550 tomorrow afternoon, and am pumped! Compared it hard against BT50/Ranger and Amarok. The driveline of the 550 just blew me away compared to the others. That and the fact I have a few mates who really love theirs, and the Nav felt immediately "normal" to me sealed the deal.

I optioned mine in White, with factory snorkel, tow bar, soft tonneau, and auto headlights.

Going forward I'm keen on some lift, some rubber, maybe a front and rear bar if I can find one I really rate, and some underbody preotection.
I don't do serious off-road work, but do get to Moreton and Fraser Islands a couple of times per year.
I tow a race car relatively often, and boats etc not often enough! :)

Keen to be involved in your forum.

Cheers!
Ben

Yeah I'm not sure why I had issues? I used my usual forum handle that I've used on many other forums without issue. Same emails etc....
I tried from another computer and was able to do it.

I emailed the "contact us" link a couple of times outlining my issue and have still had no reply.

Yeah it's all good!
Co-Owned and co-ran a Jeep forum so I know how busy they can make you.
I'm trying to get my sanity back, hence the Nissan :p

Well at the risk of talking to myself I picked it up yesterday and LOVE IT! :D
On the hunt for a good rust-proofer in northern Brisbane now. Not that the Nav will spend muchtime on the beach, but I like it protected, and now while it's clean under is the time to do it.
Anyone in Brissy have any strong recommendations?

As long as you are entertained it makes no difference who you talk too.

There was discussion ages ago about rust proofing, there might even be a thread about it and it might have posts by Queenslanders because it does at times seem like they are the only ones really concerned about it.

I think if you really look for it you'll even find a thread debate about rust proofing but like most internet threads there is no definitive answer so don't go hunting if you want that.

Thanks mate, I shall do some hunting.
I've had previous 4WD's done with "Isotrol" which dried clear and performed superbly. The company making it has apparently gone down the tube.... so I'm having a look-see.

Welcome to the forum Ben! You'll love that 550! I have a 140kW ST and a mate bought a 550, unbelievable how much difference there is, I thought mine towed a 2T boat easily, his doesn't feel it at all! Incredible bit of gear!

not sure on rust roofing, but Mick Love @ Precise Automotive in Narangba will be able to sort you out with lift, servicing etc (Nissan capped price servicing is over priced at best!)

enjoy your rig mate!

Cheers fellas, I really am loving it. Can't wait to put some kays on it so I can sample some of that grunt properly!
Only annoyance so far is the realization that I cannot just load my iPod contents into the music box like I assumed. It only records CD's as you play them. CD's..... far out who has those anymore!?
I wonder if I can transfer my iPod contents onto a disc for it?
Anyone any experience with that with a 550 hard drive "Music Box"?

can't help you with that one mate, my mates is only a ST-X with the V6, it isn't a 550. Why not just leave your Ipod connected and in the car, that's what I do with mine

Well, when I say iPod I mean iPhone :) 9and playing off the phone instead of the hard drive means the entire contents aren't displayed on the car's screen. So, you're forced to scroll through the phone to choose the track (unless you're happy to skip through until you stumble on what you like). And as we all know, even TOUCHING your phone whilst driving is illegal. $330- and 3 points. Ask me how I know!

On the bright side, I ordered a shed-load of Plasti-Dip today! haha

Last edited:
Back