getting more comfort on d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houndour

Reaction score
Hello guys!!

I'm in dilemma right now, here is the story:

I've been a proud owner of a d22 japanese build dual cab ute. 2 years with me, 40k kms with me.

The thing is in the last 2 years one main thing changed in my personnal life: now there is a missu!! Jajaja.

So right now the problem is: make the d22 as comfortable as possible or change it for a 91's serie 80 3f engine( or any 2008 bellow gasoline engine)

I really like the navara, it has good response, excellent autonomy(10km/L fully loaded and offroading), yd25 turbo diesel non common-rail motor. It is running 265/75r16 BFG AT on 4runner wheels, snorkel, nothing else costumized.

The cons right now are has original and blowed suspension(from 2007), and the seats are in good shape but they are hard as hell for long trips( we use to do 2000km trip on 4 days).

If i sell the d22, i will get a bit of extra money to expend on the new rig(80 series).

Here in Chile you only find 80 series with 3f/1fz engines( and they are really hard to find). A friend of mine is selling me one with 150k on clock, totally standart. He serviced the front axle, tje a440f gearbox and the motor, so if i buy it wont need a full service. Doing the swap to 1hdt(any of them) its a 3000usd work.

Then... i dont wanna get rid off the dear d22, i need help to make it good for the girl or deal with 3f engine (6km/L).

I hope you can help me!!!

Greetings from Chile

Ps: diesel is 1.34 aud and gas is 1.66 aud for this weekend

Last edited:
Have a look at Scotty bobcats navara on here, he's running recaro seats, they are really comfortable, but there not cheap

Have a look at Scotty bobcats navara on here, he's running recaro seats, they are really comfortable, but there not cheap

If im going to spend money on my d22 to make it good tourer, i dont care how much i have to pay for comfort... i don t want to sell it!! Jajaajaja

I'll pm him

What about suspension??

Greetings

G'day mate, I've put Recaro Orthopeads in mine. They're fantastic. Fully adjustable, electric and manual adjustment, heated, great adjustable lumbar support. Jump on eBay and have a look. I got mine from Germany for $1600.00 delivered to my door.

Scotty, with your Recaros have you run into any problems with rwc etc. I'm wanting to put Recaros in mine but I've heard that the ones from Germany aren't legal because they aren't 'Australian standard' ? I don't see how thats possible but just want to check? Was also looking at a pair of brides.

Scotty, with your Recaros have you run into any problems with rwc etc. I'm wanting to put Recaros in mine but I've heard that the ones from Germany aren't legal because they aren't 'Australian standard' ? I don't see how thats possible but just want to check? Was also looking at a pair of brides.

I thought about a pair of brides but decided polygamy wasn't for me.

You will need am engineer to go over them. Ideal Seating Company which is the Recaro dealer in Australia won't engineer second hand seats. I've got the specs for the seats now from ARB and my engineer is engineering them to my Nav

Sweet, just googled and found a Recaro dealer 10kms from me. I'll go sus some out. What about fitting etc with the rails/frames and what not. Did you run into many trouble with that?

ok, i'm going to check those recaro orthopedic seats, seem to be great.

what else should i improve to get the poor d22 more comfy?? what about suspension??

is there any place opened to the external area?? somethin to seal??

thank you for the answers!! i'll keep watching the topic

greetings

just remember that a comfy 4 x 4 is not a good 4 x 4 . buy a 2 x 4 . if your thinking recardo race type seats etc. think how the poor guys driving the landcruiser utes feel in there arse etc.

just remember that a comfy 4 x 4 is not a good 4 x 4 . buy a 2 x 4 . if your thinking recardo race type seats etc. think how the poor guys driving the landcruiser utes feel in there arse etc.

And not just from. driving them around, hahahhaahaahah

New suspension would be the go too. People have reported a huge comfort increase using bilstein shocks, even with standard springs, but I'd replace them too if it is all the factory gear...

comfy 4x4 ute i mean somethin that you can travel 2000kms and still feel your ass when you finish driving!! jajajaja.

I know utes are not meant to be a "serie 7 audi", but i'm trying to make it good when going on corrugation or bumps. On the highway there is no problem with the d22 or on good gravel/salt roads.

New suspension would be the go too. People have reported a huge comfort increase using bilstein shocks, even with standard springs, but I'd replace them too if it is all the factory gear...

in this area my knowledge is really poor, i can get almost anything from US or chilean market, but I don't know what to buy!! locally we have OME, Ironman4x4, Blistein, Koni, Rancho, etc... The idea is change all the suspension system for brand new + 2" suspension lift (i have a 2" bodylift kit but I'm not sure if i should install it). So trying to figure out what brand keeps some comfort over the standar suspension and have enough performance when offroading.

Chilean territory is very similar to australia, we have tons of desert and beaches, altough great mountains (you gotta love wheeling at 4500 meters over sea level) and at south we have mud as russians and snow like iceland! jajaja.

well I'll keep an eye on this topic to get more of yours opinion.

thank you very much and greetings!!

Latest posts

Back