Help please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyB1375

Reaction score
I have a 2006 D40 and i picked it up with no head so now putting it back together.
I wonder if anyone could share a photo of there engine showing the pipework to boost valve and airbox etc

Its a 2006 DDTI

I looked at a 2008 but it was different with a plastic rocker cover not alloy

The rocker cover might have changed but the routing of air and vac hoses should be really similar.

AIR: Passes from the air filter through a hard plastic pipe containing the MAFS to the intake of the turbocharger. The output of the turbocharger connects to a baffle mounted on the side of the engine then goes forward to a hard pipe at the front of the engine bay. The intercooler is connected to the other side of this hard pipe. Over on the vehicle right hand side of the engine bay a hose connects from the intercooler outlet to the intake manifold.

VAC: runs from the vac pump on the vehicle right hand side across to the Boost Control Solenoid (BCS) mounted on the intercooler intake hard pipe (physically not far from the alternator). Another hose runs from the BCS up to the actuator on the turbocharger (round gold device attached to the turbocharger). I've changed mine over to a Tillix valve so I can't provide a pic of the original setup.

These are the two pipe issues i have i have a pipe with bracket that comes from under the airbox and a pupe missing from the left hand body

Attachments

• IMG_3222.jpeg
    IMG_3222.jpeg
    935 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3221.jpeg
    IMG_3221.jpeg
    934.4 KB · Views: 0
It looks like some changes have been made here. They're vacuum lines, you can see the hose running across the back of the motor. It's a 2006 Euro model so I don't have a manual that covers it!

If the turbocharger has a round widget attached (usually goldish in colour) then there must be a vac pipe attached to that. That vac pipe will lead forward to a Boost Control Solenoid and I would normally expect the pipe with the bracket in pic 1 to be connected to that, however the bends in the pipes make me think otherwise. It's possible that the EGR valve in yours is also vacuum operated and the hose was disconnected at some point to stop EGR from flowing through the EGR valve (that's the device in pic 2 to the left and below the object you've circled). In this case it would just make sense to block that hose off. It has some damage - I presume from where the hose has rubbed against an engine cover.

Latest posts

Back