Hi Guys from the UK

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b4badger

Reaction score
Hi
Just found this site while I've been trying to find a workshop manual for my 2012 Navara D40 3,0 V6 Outlaw (STX 550?). I understood that you guys have had this D40 with the renault V6 longer than us, but it looks like you've got the same problem as us, not a lot of info. Anyway hope we can share what there is and you won't hold being a pomme against me, too much anyway:sorry3:
Mines pretty standard at the moment. Just put a K&N panel filter in it and upgraded the front candles for OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited Maximum Performance headlight, fogs and sidelight bulbs , but looking to add a DTUK chip box and stainless vortex exhaust soon. As far as the the exterior is concerned, looking to get a Roll & Lock bed cover to replace the Snug Top and get the 18" wheels refurbed so they're tuffer but still look good, possibly gunmetal powder coat. Pretty mild stuff, just want to enhance what I've got and make it sound and look a bit different, and a bit more performance is always good.
That's it for now.
Cheers.

Welcome to the forum.

Haven't heard of those headlight globes, must have another browse through the local parts place. The DTUK chip has been used by a few owners here and it's generally well-thought of.

Thanks Old Tony
The sales blurb about the Osrams is
"Up to 110% more light on the road for fatigue-free and comfortable driving
Up to 35m longer light beam for better visibility and significantly longer reaction times
Up to 20% whiter light thanks to partial cobalt coating of the glass body"
Have to say they're a definite improvement, crisper, whiter light, probably as close as we can get to HID and look good. Not sure about the restrictions you have, but for road use, we can't increase the power of the bulbs.

We don't have the same power restrictions here, and the police don't seem to have any idea what to do about idiots with unlensed HID globes in their headlights.

I've had IPF Fat Boys - 100/90W globes, $180 a pair. The ruddy things can't handle Australian roads. I'm back on the factory candles now, but thinking about a few different globes.

1) My current pic is the Philips X-tremeVision +130%. If they live up to their claims I'll be happy. At least it's only half of what I wasted on the IPF globes.

2) Second choice is the Narva Plus 120 globes. I would expect that these put out more than double the current amount of light. Not convinced that they do - I put some in my wife's car, and they ARE brighter but I'm not sure they're 120% brighter.

3) I could go silly and chuck these SCA 130W/90W globes in, but I'd do it via relays and not using the factory wiring because it isn't heavy enough to handle the power.

The headlight bulbs are 60/55, almost half the power of yours, the upside is that to change everything on the front was only £53.00 ($111.00) delivered from ebay. We have the Philips Extreme Vision, but have heard that they can be a bit fragile, I'll see how these go and let you know.

60/55w is the standard fitment in australia too. I have read good things about osram globes on other forums.

The narva ones that we can get here don't seem to have as long a lifespan as the philips equivalents, in 4wds at least. I guess a normal road car won't experience the same conditions as a 4wd, depending on the type of driving you do...

Upgrading the headlight loom to thicker wiring and connectors to ceramic ones used to be popular with patrols, not sure if it makes any difference on the navaras though.

Hi Bods
Some 4x4s get to do proper off roading, but we don't have the wide open that you have and it's mainly organised events. That said, if you talk to some people with the state of the tarmac in the UK (potholes that can swallow a tank), it's a challenge to go to the shops. I used to live in Portugal and had a Ford Transit crew cab, now that was a bit closer to off roading, wish I'd had the Nav then. Maybe I'll get to check out some of the old haunts if we can get back on holidays Ford Transit.jpg

Off road.jpg.

Latest posts

Back