Hi

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lookbothways

Reaction score
Hi all, been scrolling through some of the recent post & thought it was well worth my while to join up, am yet to purchase a Navara but seriously looking at purchasing a new Navara Silverline,

was looking at the D22 first, price wise they were very competitive for a new vehicle but felt I needed a few more creature comforts, for around 35K drive away the Silverline was way cheaper than their competition

I have been struggling to find much info on these vehicles other than they are based on the RX Navara with several extra's

Looking to add a snorkel, towbar, steel bulbar, bonnet protector & slimline weather shields from the Nissan dealership, will fit a steel Trayco flat tray at a later stage.

Just wondering if anyone else knows much about these vehicles & pro's & cons associated with them.

I have had 4wd's on & off since the mid 80's first one being a SWB MQ patrol & now ready to trade in a twin cab hilux, my days are long gone of bush bashing & playing in the mud just looking for something comfortable, reliable, able to tow a small van or camper trailer at some stage & safe for the family.

Thanks in advance

Hi mate it looks like it will meet your needs most folk whinge about ground clearance and basic suspension allow a bit of coin for a minor lift and new shocks ya back will be pleased

G'day,
welcome to the forum.
Don't know much about the Silverline at all.

But I'm sure someone will pop up and give you a hand with your questions.

Anyways welcome aboard.

Enjoy🍻

Welcome to the forum.

The Silverline looks like an RX with D22 sticker on the side of the tub, a D40 sports bar in place of the steel bar on the top of the tub, alloy rims instead of the RX's usual steel ones and a tub liner thrown in the back. It's the older YD25 126kW engine - I have no problems with mine - but if there's a big difference back to a stock RX you might consider just doing one of those.

thanks guys,
I have finally finished procrastinating & tyre kicking and just signed a contract on a 2015 plated Navara Silverline, just over $37K drive away with 12 months rego plus with the accessories that I requested, steel bulbar, bonnet protector, weather shields, towbar & snorkel.
Tried to deal with the local Nissan dealer but not much help, I preferred a white vehicle & they told me that they could only get silver, rang the dealer about 300k's away in the north of the state & they couldn't do enough for me, even managed to find a 2015 plated vehicle where the majority were 2014's

First job will be getting the windows tinted followed by a steel flat tray, canvas canopy & probably a set of airbags

Looking forward to reading through the forum to get some more idea's for some future mods
Cheers

Sounds like a good deal mate if your fitting a steel tray ect you would do better with constant load springs than airbags. Not sure what you are towing but airbags are prone to breaking chassis even a drain on a dirt road with only a camper trailer can do it, have a bit of a search and a read on the subject

Sounds like a good deal mate if your fitting a steel tray ect you would do better with constant load springs than airbags. Not sure what you are towing but airbags are prone to breaking chassis even a drain on a dirt road with only a camper trailer can do it, have a bit of a search and a read on the subject

Thanks for the heads up, will have to do a bit more homework, cheers

+1 on reconsidering the air bags.

If you intend to use them to handle an occasional heavy load, then consider multi-rate springs. I was thinking about Sax Suspension myself but due to the troubles they were having when I needed to upgrade mine, I decided to go for dual-rate OME Dakar springs from ARB. When the car is unloaded, not all of the leaves engage. When it's loaded, the last leaves engage and support the extra weight.

The end result is a car that doesn't kick you in the ass on speed humps, and won't bottom out when fully loaded - and I mean fully. I overloaded her by 60Kg on a trip to the tip, hitting the scales at 3.04T, and she rode beautifully there and back at 2.5T (normal weight for my car).

Latest posts

Back