Indicators wont self cancel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grytvikken

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2017 navara np300 and the indicators will not self cancel when you return the steering wheel to the centre position. I have removed the steering wheel and looked for a pin that would stop the indicators. Is it the clock spring that cancels the indicators? I see a nub on top of the clock spring that would fit into a hole on the back of the top part of the steering wheel.
Thanks for any advice

In the older cars (and there's no reason why they'd change, it's pretty effective) the indicator stalk has a small lever that comes out when the indicators are used. This lever reaches into the clock spring which has a raised section on the inner rotating part which touches the lever causing the indicator stalk to be released and return to centre. The inner part is different for left hand and right hand drive models.

You could take yours out and have a look. Two T20 torx screws under the shroud around the steering column will release the covers which you can then separate easily (just plastic clips that don't break on separation). The indicator stalk has a white plastic lever top and bottom that, when squeezed together, allows the entire stalk to be removed. You'll then be able to see the lever, and the hole that it goes into.

Thanks for the reply much appreciated alas a mechanic told me "its the clockspring mate" so I deferred to his apparent knowledge and ordered a clockspring..........I wish I saw your reply earlier as its not the clock spring. $170 down the flusher. The earlier navaras allowed you to remove the indicator assembly from the rhs of the column unfortunately the 2017 has both indicator switch and washer switch as one unit. I see that the indicator has a green lever that comes out to engage the white round inner of the clock spring to when it is rotated to centre the steering wheel. I am tempted to try and pull the entire assembly apart to see why the green lever fails to extend to engage the clock spring centre but it s all clips and looks like once assembled it would be almost impossible t pull it apart without damaging it.

Latest posts

Back