Ironman LoadPlus

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldie

Reaction score
I've just replaced a set of these on my 2003 D22.
One side looks higher than the other. I can only assume that maybe the rear leaf springs are shot or should I just adjust the the loadplus.

I used a pair on my factory leaf springs and after a while they just didn't work any more. The factory springs were shot and I was trying to bolster them with the LoadPlus springs but the continuous use with the caravan on the back for many thousands of km around the eastern half of Australia saw the demise of both.

I suspect the clue in the Ironman springs is in the name: "LoadPlus Helper". Not intended to be used all the time, just to help out from time to time.

I bought the old girl sight unseen, I'm rebuilding as I go.
There was a set on it but one was broken. Since i replaced them, the ride seems fine. Before the refit, the old girl seemed to have a habit of skipping around corners. She doesn't seem to do it now.
My main worry was with being higher on one side, being the drivers side,
I can adjust the shackle nuts but most of the weight will be on my side anyway with fridge and AGM batteries.
So I guess my question is, should I adjust the nuts to even it up before weight is put in. And what will happen with my rear wheel bearings if I don't adjust the LP's.

Shouldn't have any great problem with the rear bearings if your suspension sags, but it will make for a poor ride and handling.

Trying to get it even isn't a bad idea.

Latest posts

Back