Ironman Underbody Protection

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obr1en

Reaction score
Does anybody else have Ironman plates fitted to another brand Bull bar.

I have just installed an MCC Falcon bar and was looking at how the Radiator plate is meant to fit and there is no where for the front of the plate to mount to.

By the looks I may have to fab up a beam to go somewhere between the two point areas to pick up the front of the plate.

Just seeing what others have done. Cheers

Hi mate, I fitted Ironman bash plates first then had an Opposite Lock bar put on few months ago. Don't think they ran into any trouble fitting the bar to the bash plates.

Hey, I've got the same bar but brown davis plates. The under plate kit for the bar finishes just past the radiator and the brown davis front plate starts within 50mm and curls up so there's no edge to catch on the ground or rocks.

Hope that helps.

Hi mate, I fitted Ironman bash plates first then had an Opposite Lock bar put on few months ago. Don't think they ran into any trouble fitting the bar to the bash plates.

Hi mate you wouldnt happen to have a photo of the plate meeting up with the bar to see what they have done?
Cheers

Hey, I've got the same bar but brown davis plates. The under plate kit for the bar finishes just past the radiator and the brown davis front plate starts within 50mm and curls up so there's no edge to catch on the ground or rocks.

Hope that helps.

Do the Brown Davis plates bolt up anywhere where they curl up mate? or are they just secured on the sides and the lower chassis section near sump?

No bolts at the lip, just two bolts each side where the front tow hook is. I purchased the heavy duty recovery points and put them over the bash plate. The brown kit comes with two bolts with welded wire for the drivers side which don't have the factory captive nuts in the chassis.

Thanks mate I'm gunna bolt it on today and see how strong the ironman plate ends up with out bolting up front. Did you have to get longer bolts for the recovery points having the MCC bar bracket pick up those holes also?

The recovery point holes have nothing to do with the mcc bar. The bar under plates finish well before it. I can take a pic of mine if you like.

It must be different between Spain and Thai? My MCC bracket picked up the two recovery bolt holes under each side. Yeah if you have a photo would be good mate.

Here's the two bolt holes underneath the recovery points I got need to bolt to and that's the MCC bar bracket bolted to it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399692250.325685.jpg

Here is mine, you can see on the right the bullbar ends and is no where near the recovery points. It must be the difference between spain and thai...

20140510_134640_zps4ip6kqdl.jpg

Yeah different setup to line hey mate. I've worked out il have to drop the bull bar bracket and slot the underbody brackets under it. The side wings of the ironman plates are bolted not welded like your brown Davis so I can fit each wing up then bolt the plate to the wings. Not as strong but I could always weld them.

Ironman probably designed it that way because it has to go under the bullbar bracket. It was hard trying to get mine lined up while trying to put a recovery point on at the same time.

Latest posts

Back