Is this a catch can

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBaska2795

Reaction score
Hi all

Curious if the what I've circled in the photo is a catch can ?

Attachments

• PXL_20230819_233029170~2.jpg
    PXL_20230819_233029170~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
cheers mate !

this engine has done 295k on the clock and has the stock EGR .. i only just picked it up a few weeks ago .. you think its worth blanking out the EGR even though it has a catch can ?

cheers mate !

this engine has done 295k on the clock and has the stock EGR .. i only just picked it up a few weeks ago .. you think its worth blanking out the EGR even though it has a catch can ?
I"m not a fan of disabling the EGR as one of it's features is to lower combustion temperatures. Also it's illegal to disable it. I've got three diesels and they all have the stock EGR system intact but I have installed catch cans on them all.

As an experiment I did install a blanking plate on my D40 and ran it for a couple of months and I reckon it was worse. Then I removed the plate and fitted a new EGR valve and I reckon it was smoother and ran better.

if your wanting to disable the egr I have jamie knobles stage 1 mail order tune and I was told that when they tune it they disable the egr

Latest posts

Back