Just saying Hello!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lighthammer

Reaction score
Hello to all! Been a longtime lurker on these forums, gotta say there's a LOT of great information in these forums and I've learnt a lot since I started reading on about a year ago. I decided that it was time to step out of the shadows and introduce myself.

I'm a proud owner of a D40 Navara (thailand made) and I live in the caribbean (Trindad & Tobago). I got my D40 in Nov 2010, here's the specs:

- 2.5 YD25DDti common rail diesel
- 4x4, 6-speed manual
- fabric interior, gray
- installed from factory: Rhino Spray-on bedliner, Reverse Sensors

Since then, I've been doing some upgrading. I've been bitten by the off-roading bug, so I've been building my rig for all-terrain / offroading purposes (though it's still my daily driver, with 75% of my time spent on highway driving).

Upgrades:
- first bought Pirelli Scorpion ATR 265/70R16 all terrains, recently switched them out for BF Goodrich All Terrain K/O 265/70R16
- fitted a chrome rollbar in the tray
- Got a pair of used foglights off a Pajero and fitted them onto the rollbar, then spray-painted the covers white & added my own custom "Nissan" stickers
- Changed the factory horn, put in a pair of Bosch Duo Tone euro-style horns
- Swapped out the factory air-filter, using a K&N panel-filter (part no 33-2198)
- Amsoil 15W40 full synthetic oil
- Amsoil Diesel Concentrate & Amsoil Cetane Boost

Here's some pics of my truck:

155831_464048664475_502314475_5254709_7861319_n.jpg

The day after I got her from the dealership, brand new!

DSC_9604-1.jpg

Off roading

248580_10150207575194476_502314475_6767757_2913577_n.jpg

She's big, but she can handle herself on the trails!

DSCN4835.jpg

Doing donuts on the beach

For the future, I'm planning to install an IronMan 2.5" suspension lift, and possibly an ARB front winch bumper, and have a friend of mine fabricate a rear tubular-style bumper.

Thanks for reading!

It's been a while since I posted, though I'm still lurking in the background nad enjoying all the awesome posts by the navara.asia members.

Had a couple upgrades done:

- 2" body lift, custom made by myself and installed with the help of a good buddy
- had on 265/70R16 BFG AT/KO's on the stock wheels, but traded them in with a buddy for his suspension lift and rims. He sold his Navara D40 and I got his Calmini 2.5" suspension lift - front shock spacer & rear extended shackles, and I also traded him my BFG AT's for his Dick Cepeck FC-II 305/65R18 hybrid AT/MT tyres on Granite Alloy 18x9 wheels.

Future upgrades to come soon:
- calmini 5" suspension kit with added sway-away coilovers for more flex
- ARB Commercial Deluxe bullbar
- Warn 9500lb winch
- ARB snorkel
- either PIAA or IPF driving lights

I'm also thinking of installing a rear locker, either an ARB air locker or maybe a truetrac locker with some modifications to it (seen it done somewhere on the forums).

Here's a few pics of my D40 Navara (thai-built)...

590f1485.jpg

Back when it was just a 2" body lift and the BFG AT/KO 265/70R16

d68ffdba.jpg

Current state of the truck - 4" lift, on 305/65R18 Dick Cepeck FC-II

4b3f1557.jpg

Before and After, lol

4309950d.jpg

Rear flexing (or lack of it!)

Hope you guys enjoy, and I'll be making more posts more often as the upgrades come, will have to make a build thread for this project.

Latest posts

Back