Long Range Fuel Tank Filler Tube

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belly09

Reaction score
I have a 2013 D40 and have just fitted a Brown Davis long range fuel tank to it however the fuel tank filler tube doesn't fit. I rang Brown Davis and as I suspected the tanks are made for style side utes, not trays. This is due to there being so many configurations of trays on the market.
The aluminium tray i have fitted is an AMA.............has anyone else had this problem before??

As I made my own tray there was no way I was not going to have to modify the filler hoses. Regardless of your tray, you're going to have to do some trial and error. Start by working out where you want the filler if they haven't already provided a place for it. Once that's fitted, taking one hose at a time, starting with the filler hose, it's essentially a matter of holding the hose as close to the proper place as possible, marking where you reckon you need have to cut and mark it. Now take a bit less than that off and do a trial fit. It's better to sneak in on the right length than to screw it up by cutting too short. It helps to lubricate the pipes and hoses because you're probably going to have to assemble and disassemble them a few times before you get it correct. I found it was helpful to remove some length from the filler pipe itself. If you do that you will need to scrape off some of the sound deadener material, otherwise you've got next to no hope of getting the hose back on it.

Latest posts

Back