lost my sports cam

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kesegic29

Reaction score
My girlfriend bought me a HD cam recorder for my birthday last month witch came with a few mounting brackets and was waterproof (20m) so i could mount it to my speargun when i go spearfishing and to my forby when i head bush...

i decided to take it on the queens birthday long week end trip up to walhala/albefy...

the brackets didn't quiet fit the bull bar or the roof bar on my tray so i duct taped two of the brackets to each of them and one to my mates pootrol so i could swap the camera between them to get diferent footage angles... and it only had 3 hour battery life so i sourced out a car charger for it so i could charge it up when not doing anything interesting...

i got footage of bog holes, water crossings with the camara on the bull bar, steep hill climbs, rock steps, abit of snow, slipppery clay hill runs even me getting really stuck on a clay hill with a two hour winch challege, got footage of a group of zuks doing a river crossing, footage of a rolled jeep in one of the rivers and a few vids of comp trucks doing some insane stuff...

i was so carefull to turn it on and off between recording, swap it from car to car to get me and my mates rigs on footage. check that it was always there, even checking th display to look back on wat we had done and to check that it was a good few hours recording . i was quit surprise how well it coped a beating even in thick scrub bashing over the bars it was mounted on still didn't budge, so i started to get abit lazy on the last day (monday) because it seemed we went from track to track so quick...

the last i seen of the awsome little unit was when we came to the main road in noojee, where we stopped to air up and wipe all the lights down of mud, i should of put it the cab... so only about a kilometre to the toolshed pub i freaken lost it off the roof mount, noticing striaght away it had fallen off, we spent the next hour scowering the roads looking like idiots trying to find my new camera...:pissedoff:

so after an insane but relaxing weekend i lost my camera, put abit of a dampener on the trip home...

any way it's forgotten now and the long weekend trip was one of the best 4w4 trips i've done...

Thats a bugger mate, I used to mount my cam to the bull bar but I used hose clamps and a high tensile bolt in the mounting hole and have never had any issues. Now I use my phone that records in HD mounted on the inside of the windscreen, that way I can easily turn it on and off when I want and keep an eye on it.

Hey mate, no good at all!

I have one as well but always tie a safety strap to another part of the car in case the suction cups come off. Not really much help now... Hope you find it.

Latest posts

Back