Moved to the Dark Side of the Dual Cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scarecrow73

Reaction score
Hi all,

Having owned a Pajero for the past 5 and a half years, I have decided to jump camp and delve into the dual cab market.

I placed an order for a spanking new D40 ST auto late Jan and after much saga, screaming, swearing and rants, I collected said beast about 2 weeks ago. Have wanted a dual cab for a while, with its advantages for rear cargo area being the main one. The rear in the Paj only just fit my Waeco/slide set up and after another EGR failure, thought it was time. Even had the wife on Carsales driving home for the Yorke Peninsula looking at cars!!

Never thought I would buy a Navara, let alone a black one. But she is a beauty. At time of order, I organised an ARB bar and canopy to be installed (this was where the issues were - another story for another day!!). Have just had the windows tinted and paint protection done and lovin' it.

Was on the Pajero forum for years so know the benefits of shared knowledge and looking forward to getting ideas. And you have better emoticons!!! :rock:

Next step is to organise the rear set up, dual battery (a smart alternator….what the?), electric brake controller, UHF and rear camera set up. I have most so its just a matter of getting them installed. Let the fun begin.

scarecrow73

Welcome. Yep Smart Alt like most new cars. Many ways to deal with it. And more on the marked every day

Welcome to the forum!

As above, smart alternators can be defeated. I missed out on that, missed the chassis issues with towbar mounts but got zinged by an under-performing brake controller, but a couple of hundred $ and a few minutes to fit a Tekonsha Prodigy P3 fixed that!

Welcome, from another new black ST owner who picked his up 3 weeks ago. Had my 1000K service done last week :).

with all these people moving to the dark side tony we might need to double our cookie order

Title is a bit misleading i thought the bloke had gone and bought a Toyota!

Welcome to the forums scarecrow.

Latest posts

Back