My Stx 550 Suspension upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qecluke

Reaction score
Hey guys, I bit the bullet and finally upgraded my suspension on my 550. After many hours researching all the different products and installers I settled with the bilsteins and the dobinsons springs. Of course as everyone recommended I took it to Zordo.

Dropped it off Sunday and picked it up this afternoon with a 2inch suspension and a 2 inch body lift. When I rang him to see if it was ready he wasn't wrong about telling me to bring my ladder!!! He done a great job and explained every aspect to the new components, very highly recommended! Theres a few things in the front end I will need to adjust in the "topping" out department which he is assisting me after my test drive to Fraser next week. Overall the height is amazing and its still on standard wheels and tyres, the ride is not too bad a little bouncy in the front as I don't have a bull bar.

In the rear I got a total lift of 130mm and in the front a total of 110mm center of wheel to center of arch with the body lift. So im very very pleased with the height.

I will post up some before and after pics tomorrow in the sun light!!!

Heres the pics guys...

Attachments

• IMG_2184.jpg
    IMG_2184.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 1,074
  • IMG_2186.JPG
    IMG_2186.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 1,239
  • IMG_2187.JPG
    IMG_2187.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_2188.JPG
    IMG_2188.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_2122.jpg
    IMG_2122.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 606
Looks the goods. Thinking I might go body lift too. Love the coke can reference, that will really help some people trying to make some decisions.

Update on how it drives?
The body lift isn't for me, but I'm considering a lift of maybe 2".
At the very least I need to correct my front height now I have a bar on there.

im am looking at doing this same set up, what is needed to be adjusted with the body lift? also what is the total cost if you dont mind me asking.

Thanks guys, I just got back from Fraser, handled everything really well. Zordo still needs to put my rear shocks in which I'm just waiting on to get that tiny bit more down travel. It does have some topping out issues in the front due to the height, I'm going to upgrade the upper control arms and maybe think about going to a smaller spring to reduce this. One of the biggest downfalls I think I have is I don't have a bull bar or anything on the front to give it some weight. Over the inland sandy tracks where there are a few continuous ruts the front gets a floaty bounce about it the momentum will continue it bouncing. So theres still a few minor things I want to do to perfect but its all just time and money. Also to note after stacking the car full of cartons of beer and camping crap for the week trip, coming back I have noticed the whole car has settled and lost .5 of an overall inch. And might I add with the exposed coffee rocks up there at the moment I am bloody lucky I did the lift otherwise I would have come home with half a car.

As for the body lift Zordo did the lot so i'm not totally sure what it involves changing. After the end result you can hardly notice it apart from having a good look under the rear tub. Gave me that extra bit of clearance from scrubbing my side steps and exiting lines over the rocks. The body lift was $895 including labour and suspension was roughly $1995. Zordo supplied and installed the lot.

Got Zordo to install my new upper control arms last week and fitted my new shocks in the back, SOOO much better to drive now. Just as comfortable with the standard suspension. Filled the guards yesterday afternoon with some 285's and new rims very happy!

they are American racing rims called a killer and they are the Teflon coated rims so no brake dust and shit sticks to them. The tyres are BFG Km2's. Seems pretty good so far going to take it for a spin on the weekend and see how it goes

having a play on the weekend with the new KM2'S

Attachments

• 1072387_606083772764848_1957734374_o.jpg
    1072387_606083772764848_1957734374_o.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 1008225_606083696098189_2033633042_o.jpg
    1008225_606083696098189_2033633042_o.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 184

Latest posts

Back