need help with my new spotties keep blowing fuses

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kus89

Reaction score
hey guys so i have used the search function and cant find anything so ill post and see if anyone can help me

i got for xmas some ironman vega 220 spotlights
http://www.ironman4x4.com/html/vega220.html
http://www.ironman4x4.com/pdfs/accessories_fitting_instructions/lighting/driving_lights_im.pdf
i am trying to fit them to my 2011 str and have followed all the instructions exactly as it says and for some reason as soon as i turn the switch on it blows the fuse for my headlights and spotties wont turn on (it does this with only 1 spottie hooked up aswell) i have all new wiring the size it says in the instructions and 5 pin hella relay i cant figure out why it continually does this any help would be greatly appreciated

mine also did this when i installed my spotlights, turned out i had the wires in the switch inside the cab the wrong way around, try this and see how it goes, hope this helps

Last edited:
Sounds like your creating a short somewhere. Trial and error to find it or pull it all out and start again. Its a prick but only takes one wire too throw the whole circuit.

did you go positive or earth circuit? that's a pretty sh!tty diagram anyway.

Disconnect the spot light from the output terminal (87/87a) and hit the switch see if that still pops the fuse, also make sure the relay "clicks". if it still does id be looking at the 2 main components switch and relay.

Now if that passes the test test each light individually one light at a time left and right.

ok i got it all sorted turns out the relay was faulty checked my wires were correct about 10 times even tried a number of different switches and fuses tried without the spotties and it still blew the fuses last thing i chanegd was the relay and that was it thank f@#$ its done

Latest posts

Back