New bloke here

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thanks for the add

Keen to have a look through this forum. In the process of doing some serious work to my 08 d40 yd25. Planning on pushing upwards of 450hp/800nm with a compound turbo setup, water/meth and nitrous.

Going to put the yd25 through its paces as I'm a true believer that it is a killer engine and can handle serious power

👊👍

Welcome to the forum!

That's a ton of power. I don't know if the front diff will handle it - are you considering fitting Titan diffs to it?
Hi mate. I'm planning on installing a rear locker so I can get good traction for drags etc and I was hoping that I could ask peoples opinions on here about the front. I've been tempted to remove the 4x4 all together as the power and torque will obviously be too much for the transfer box and front diff. So I could either install a front locker as well to eliminate spider gears or get a housing made up possibly

The front diff is a weak point. With a normal power unit, adding a front locker (electric, air or even an auto) has been beneficial in the past - but you're looking at way more power than it could handle. Titan diffs are designed for V8s, which is why I mentioned it.

The front diff is a weak point. With a normal power unit, adding a front locker (electric, air or even an auto) has been beneficial in the past - but you're looking at way more power than it could handle. Titan diffs are designed for V8s, which is why I mentioned it.
Extremely valid. I'll have a look into these titan diffs

Thanks

Speak to jamie from border automotive. Hes done plenty of navs with 200kw plus at the wheels. He will have some info on drivetrain mods for sure

Latest posts

Back