New Chick on the block

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashdogs

Reaction score
:girl: Hi, I'm a newbie here,
I have an 08 Black Dual Cab D40, Auto, Diesel, which I bought off the showroom floor. I have always been a Nissan girl, owning 4 GQ Patrols previously, and they spent a reasonable amount of time off the black top. The Nav has yet to get its feet too dirty, other than playing in the sand, and towing other toys around.
So far it has a canopy for the pooches (the main reason I bought the Nav over another Pootrol), Rhino spray on tray lining, ARB deluxe bullbar (yet to gain winch), ARB rear step bar, Lighforce XGT's, Genuine Snorkel, and plans for much more as $ grow on the money tree.

The orignal tyres are nearing the end of their life, so next on the shopping list is bigger better treads, suspension lift, with rear airbags to improve towing.
Further down the list is reversing camera or maybe integrated unit like VMS (nagging my auto sparky hubby to install!), exhaust, chip?, roofrack, UHF (again a job for my hubby!), winch one day, ARB side steps & brush bars....

I am on the hunt for a suspension setup now, that will give me lift I want without costing too many $, as hubby is building a hot rod so there isn't too much to spare!

Bit about me, I'm a dog trainer, married to an auto sparky, living on Western Coast of Australia. I love my 4x4ing, but this nav is more destined to be a tourer, dog carrier and tower than a tough truck. One day I will get another off-road toy to thrash, as hubby wont let me wreck this one!

C ya around!

Hi. Good to see another girl on here.

Now we have Sqeake, yourself and krafty.

Sounds like there is a long list of jobs for your man to do.

Anyways, enjoy the forum and throw up a few pics when you get around to it.

Thanks Dave,
Hey can I ask how you are liking the Bilsteins? I'm considering them as part of my desired suspension set-up. What other suspension mods did you do, if any?

Thanks Dave,
Hey can I ask how you are liking the Bilsteins? I'm considering them as part of my desired suspension set-up. What other suspension mods did you do, if any?

Hey.

I rate the Bilstiens very highly. Handling improved majorly.

I drive a D22 so different suspension to your D40 but I run Lovell leaf springs and Tuogh Dog torsion bars.

The leaves are somewhat stiff, but handling wise its awesome on road.

I have a habit of coming across suicidal kangaroo's, 6 so far and a wallaby.

I have had to swerve wombats etc on the road. Passes with flying colours.

Welcome to.the forum

I was reading ur first post and noticed u mentioned airbags. I was talking to a suspension mob today about install airbags in my Colorado work ute as it is constantly overloaded. They said don't even think about airbags. He told me why and then pulled up a photo on his computer to prove his point. Brand new D40 with alloy tray and boxes and the chassis has shared at the point where the airbags attached to the chassis. Imo I'd look at heavier leaf packs first then just add leaves as u desire. I will never mention airbags as a good idea to anyone ever again

Anyway enough jibbering. There is heaps of info on the site and welcome again.

Latest posts

Back