New Horn

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1310/71

Reaction score
I decided I'd had enough of the wussy std horn on my Navara, so I ordered a Stebel Nautilus compact off eBay. 139dB (mini air horn as far as I can tell).

I took the grille and original horn off then spent some time tonight figuring out how I'm going to mount it without getting in the way of future planned mods - xr6 intercooler or maybe one of Forefront industries kits.

The best place seemed to be on the centre pillar not far from where the original mounts but on the "side face" of it on the passenger side of the pillar. A bit of a bugger to drill the hole, but in the end I had to take this piece off to tighten the nyloc nut that holds the horn on anyhow, so would've been easier to simply take this piece off from the start. Once mounted, ran an earth wire to one of the screws on that centre piece and ran a supply supply wire that fits into the original horn plug then onto the +ve on the horn. Tested and all good so the grille went back on and job done!

I'm to embarrassed to even use mine, going to change mine to. I have been looking at the compact Stebel kit. How dose it sound? Is it like a normal set of air horns.
Cheers

I have one sitting here i got eBay , but haven't fitted it yet , whats it sound like ? its got to be better then the choked chook noise they make now

I have one sitting here i got eBay , but haven't fitted it yet , whats it sound like ? its got to be better then the choked chook noise they make now

sounds like the air horns i used to have fitted
but takes up 1/4 of the space
should come std

Sparra,

did you install the relay it came with, or just ran with what was there?
I tried to see if the current horn was run off a relay already but it was dark and I couldn't find one?

As Sparra said, it sounds like a small set of air horns. I only gave mine a quick toot last night to test as it was about 9 O'Clock and I live in a quiet cul de sac with some shift workers/early starters so haven't really tested it properly yet.

KB

Yeah I was wondering if you would have to beef up the wiring for one of those. I ended up getting a normal low frequency horn and wiring it in parallel with the girly d22 high frequency horn, both horns together draw less current than the 10a the std fuse is rated at so I assumed it would be ok - no problems yet, touch wood. the two horns together at two different pitches are much louder and resonant and altogether more imposing than stock - so now it sounds like a normal car lol.

The stebel is claimed to draw a max of 3A at 12V - be aware they also make 24V versions, so ensure you buy the right one.

Latest posts

Back